News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Jewel up in flames!!

Started by suntech, May 13, 2008, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

yes,.. you'll need time to proccess the event,.. thank God no one was hurt though,..

Charger-Bodie

I truely feel for you . My Dads body shop burnt down when I was 13 years old and I pretty much lived there.That day and the day my grandma died are the only two times ive ever seen my Dad cry.  :brickwall: Its a very sad thing its not just a bussiness Its youre livelyhood. I live for Chargers but The Charger would be the furthest thing from my mind at a time like that. ........................Hang in there man and it can only get better.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mefirst

PocketThunder

Time to bring that car over to the states for a race in the next bullrun, you can beat on it now and wont have to worry about scratching the paint..   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

arne, sad to see such a terrible thing happen to you... but with your skills, and hopefully some appropriate mourning... you will be able to get some motivation back and look at things differently...  good luck with whatever you decide.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

My heart literally sank when I saw the thread but it sunk even more when I saw your username in the first post. Well, from what it looks like, it is savable. Thats great! I've loved that Charger since I first joined this site. It is truely a work of art!

I think you should wash it and it'll look better than it appears. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

billssuperbird

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to see/hear that man....hopefully there was full insurance on the place.  Although money cant replace blood, sweat & tears but it could help a bit...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger74

Arne,

I really loved your car.  I hope once you step back and get everything settled you decide to keep it and put it back together.  Even though the body took the worst, hopefully the rest survived with little work to fix....

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

That literally almost brought a tear to my eye.  I hope you get your shop in order soon and get back to doing the incredible work that you do.  Do not give up.  When it's all said and done, you will have new updated equipment and will move on with an even greater force and become a much stronger person overcoming this indescribable loss.
I can't tell you how my heart sank when I saw this, or, how terrible I feel when any member on this site or anyone I know for that matter has an occurrence of any magnitude that is similar to this one, be it family, job, car,home, etc.......

Hang in there.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bordin34

I expected it to be worse. Best of luck bringing it back.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

chargerboy69

I am sorry to see that happen to you. That is a shame. Hopefully in time you can get her going again. And maybe a nice sprinkler system in the garage rebuild.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Nacho-RT74

OH GOD what a shame, and not about the charger, really about teh shop!!!

I think the Charger is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELLY healthy... I don't think there is something to worry about more than get the AWFULL look did it have

and I'm agree with you... take the Charger at a side and focus on the shop... there are priorities!!!! you will get the sperit back once everything comes to normal.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chris G.

Geez, sorry to see that.  :-\  It's every owners worst nightmare. Looks like the damage isn't so bad though.

I hope it all works out.  :2thumbs:

terrible one

I can't even begin to imagine where I would start with something like that. I really do hate it for you. That soot got everywhere the fire didn't, huh? What's the next step? Can the guy with the van be held liable? What about your insurance on the shop? The Charger?

I hope it gets better real fast man.

69*F5*SE

Wow, what a major drag.  I hope it can be salvaged somehow.   :rotz:

TruckDriver

Wow, that sucks :pity: :'(

Take a good break, but don't give up on the car. It looks a lot better then I thought it would. I bet it can be restored again.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68charger383

Sorry to hear the news. As stated, not as bad as I thought from looking at the pictures damage wise. Hopefully after the celan up, it is not as bad as you thought.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

NorwayCharger

Quote from: terrible one on May 13, 2008, 04:41:06 PM

I can't even begin to imagine where I would start with something like that. I really do hate it for you. That soot got everywhere the fire didn't, huh? What's the next step? Can the guy with the van be held liable? What about your insurance on the shop? The Charger?

I hope it gets better real fast man.

I do not know how the insurance company will deal with that fact.
Luckily all my stuff insured, even the Charger.

It will set me back, but not bad as it could have been..

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

G-man

Sorry to hear about it.

Chevies.... good for nothing.=  :RantExplode:

I dont remember the pics of your car before the problem, how it looked etc... did you have any/able to put back so I got some idea as to whats been "lost"?

Thanks and hopefully it can be braught back   :pity:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: G-man on May 13, 2008, 05:07:40 PM
Sorry to hear about it.

Chevies.... good for nothing.=  :RantExplode:

I dont remember the pics of your car before the problem, how it looked etc... did you have any/able to put back so I got some idea as to whats been "lost"?

Thanks and hopefully it can be braught back   :pity:

here is a link to one of the threads about his Charger.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12272.msg460055.html#msg460055
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blown70

Wow, well I did expect worst pics like some of then ones of the Daytonas that were almost molten metal,  At least you could "possibily" salvage most of what is there if not the whole thing.  for a paint shop, IT could have been worse with all the flammable chemicals used.

Best of luck, you answered many of my questions along the way.  ANYTHING from this side of the water I could do I would be happy to.

Tom

suntech

This should give you an idea.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

G-man

Quote from: suntech on May 13, 2008, 05:27:30 PM

This should give you an idea.

Shouldnt of asked... :(