News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I saw a Challenger that may become a very important car

Started by JimShine, May 03, 2008, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

This was the first Challenger put on the road and had photos of leaked to the public. They repainted the car white for the One Lap of America race as an ode to Vanishing Point. It looks absolutely killer! Erich pointed out numerous little differences between it and the production versions, but it still looks killer. He told us that he saved the car from being crushed. Its purpose was filled and not being needed any longer, Chrysler was going to send it off for crushing, which is the typical fate of these cars. He somehow managed to talk them into selling it to him and now it is his personal vehicle.

Check out this video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o85pehK9do

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Now THAT one had an awesome exhaust note!   Those other drifting & burnout vids posted had the cars sounding real lame....

Jim, any exhaust work done to this car? 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

I never even asked. Sorry. We brought the Transcon Medivac and Erich was just as into that as we were into his Challenger, so the conversation was back and forth between the two vehicles. I may be seeing it again here at the end of the week. If I do, I can ask him about it.

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

JimShine

TruckDriver

So, now that I seen Jackie's post, is the car wrecked or has it been restored again?

I'm starting to see one thing that bothers me about the new Challenger. But, don't the mirrors look to big? They do to me :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JimShine

It reads like the car was running again, so hopefully it is just some body work that is needed to bring it back. My pics were naturally before the wreck. Infact, it was just about to be decaled.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow that was pretty creepy....much like the kid with the BMW that got killed (he's posting on the site about performance upgrades & the next thing you read is the kid dies in a wreck) although obviously not as serious.

heres a few more pics off the Car Domain blog....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charginglizard

New front clip for that puppy and it should be good to go again.

Sad to see but I'm sure this will be happening frequently to these new challengers.
70charginglizard

twenty mike mike

JimShine

Hopefully a new clip will work. The car was not exactly what became the production version. It does have differences in its shape.

Charger_Fan

Looks like it ended up getting crushed in the end anyway...luckily it's only the front end. :icon_smile_tongue:

Being a one-off car, I can tell ya I sure wouldn't be out flogging it like that.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

I recieved a call from a buddy in the run and he told me that Chrysler sent the guys a new orange Challenger to finish the race.

JimShine

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!