News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas puddling in intake valleys

Started by Savage6, May 13, 2008, 04:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage6

Hey guys.. looks like I am getting small puddles of gas under the carb in the intake valleys.. anyone have any suggestions.. I was thinking my float level may need adjusting..

RECHRGD

Quote from: Savage6 on May 13, 2008, 04:22:20 PM
Hey guys.. looks like I am getting small puddles of gas under the carb in the intake valleys.. anyone have any suggestions.. I was thinking my float level may need adjusting..

What kind of carb?  I noticed the same thing when I took apart the top end of my engine for a cam/head swap.  Mine is a Holley 750 DP that I had just installed a new Proform main body on.  The new main body is jetted larger than what was needed for the old cam/head combo, so I thought that may have been the cause.  Don't know though!  I'll be putting it back together soon and don't want a leaky carb on start up so I will be interested in any comments made.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Check those fuel lines too.  Do you have a fuel filter up there anywhere with rubber lines in and out and hose clamps holding them to the hard lines?

Savage6

hey guys.. just wanted to say thanks for the help.. i checked the air/fuel mixture on the carb and it was off... once i lowered the fuel level float and upped the air the leaking stopped... thanks again... Savage