News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thanks for the welcome

Started by 06DaytonaR/T, October 14, 2005, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06DaytonaR/T

:icon_smile_approve: You guys are really great to let me hang out here.  I did grow up in the 70's it was the first gas crunch that took away all hope of a 1972 era Charger so today I have one and in thirty years I will be as nice to the new guy as you have been to me.

Shakey

As you probably have seen, this site is more geared towards the older Chargers.  There are a few members here that will bust your balls every chance they get as they are pissed right off about the styling of the new Charger.  They will post stupid childish comments aimed at you for buying one, most likely to get an "atta boy" from the other '06 haters.  Hang out if you like, unfortunately, there will not be much information regarding the new Chargers as the potential members are usually chased away. 

Myself, I happen to like the '06 Charger however I like my '69 better.  I hang out here as there are a lot of friendly and knowledgable people that are willing to share their thoughts on restoring and preserving the classic Dodge Charger.  Stick around to talk about the 3rd generation you mentioned, you will learn a lot hanging out here and will possibly find one to buy and restore.  At the same time you can teach us about the qualities of the '06 you have just purchased. 

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself here. 

andy74

i sell them,dont really like them as a charger,but do admit that they are a nice driving family sedan. i have been know to bust balls also,but thats why we come here-to have fun!  real chargers have 2 doors as far as im concerned,but i will try not to be a dick to you,as long as your cool O0 :2thumbs: :apimp: :cheers:

oh and welcome again!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Quote from: Shakey on October 14, 2005, 02:49:42 PM
At the same time you can teach us about the qualities of the '06 you have just purchased.  

What??!!??

WHERE??!!??

Did I miss something?

:P

Oh, and welcome to the site, 06, even if your screenname is something of a misnomer...            (j/k)     (well, sorta)

:wave:

JimShine

Welcome to the Charger family. You may get some friction from a few, but don't let it get to you. Though many have a problem with the name, many agree it is a decent modern car. If you can, share with us your thoughts of the car so far and who knows, maybe it is a gateway for you to get into the old ones as a hobby someday.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

472 R/T SE

Welcome to the board.

I finally seen a new Charger Daytona today for the first time.  It's not a bad lookin' rig versus the other models out there.  I don't know if I agree with DCX pimpin' out all the classic names tho.  Today at the dealer there were 2 parties checkin' them out.  It was amazing that none of the other rigs on the lot were being looked at. ???

I hang out at a Harley board but dont' care for the new bikes.  I like my Shovels, but I don't compare my old bike to any of the other Yuppie rides. 
Kind of like you 06Daytona, you're welcome here by most.  Just don't start comparing your new ride to our Chargers, you're sure to stir a hornet's nest if you do.

There's lots of great people here.  Kick your feet up, turn on some music, learn again about the Charger you yearned to own. :icon_smile_wink:

moparmike.

Telvis

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

bull

Quote from: AllBlueRT on October 14, 2005, 05:56:44 PM
Welcome to the board.

I finally seen a new Charger Daytona today for the first time.   It's not a bad lookin' rig versus the other models out there.   I don't know if I agree with DCX pimpin' out all the classic names tho.   Today at the dealer there were 2 parties checkin' them out.   It was amazing that none of the other rigs on the lot were being looked at. ???

I hang out at a Harley board but dont' care for the new bikes.   I like my Shovels, but I don't compare my old bike to any of the other Yuppie rides.  
Kind of like you 06Daytona, you're welcome here by most.   Just don't start comparing your new ride to our Chargers, you're sure to stir a hornet's nest if you do.

There's lots of great people here.   Kick your feet up, turn on some music, learn again about the Charger you yearned to own. :icon_smile_wink:

moparmike.

:iagree: Still, I have to wonder why someone is willing to spend $30+k on a new car rather than $20+k on one he really wants. Especially when you compare the value of the two ten years from now. Yea, yea, apples and oranges.

If they would have called the '06 "Charger" a Coronet there would never have been a problem.

ChargerBill

Welcome....anytime you want to talk about REAL Chargers...no problema. Keep in mind, this IS NOT the '06 Creeder board...that board exists at a completely different URL.
Life is a highway...

psykicpup

my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Plumcrazy

:wave:

I have to admit to being a little surprised at some of the responses

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

BigBlockSam

howdy Mister, what motor ya got in that ride
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

cudaken

It is a bout time we act like grown ups. ;)

06DaytonaR/T, glad to have you aboard as well.

If the other guys heads don't blow up, I would like some details of your Charger. I would say post some PIC, but I think there be some strokes her on the site. ;)

Are you going to make a trip to the track? Would like to see some real times of what they can do.

With luck, maybe we can get you hooked on the older Chargers. Won't get the MPG, handle or ride as well. But they sure will turn some heads and when tuned right. Lets say but a big old smile on your faces.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Nacho-RT74

yes would be great to get some info about your 06 Coronet
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Blown70

Silver R/T

Quote from: andy74 on October 14, 2005, 03:01:02 PM
i sell them,dont really like them as a charger,but do admit that they are a nice driving family sedan. i have been know to bust balls also,but thats why we come here-to have fun! real chargers have 2 doors as far as im concerned,but i will try not to be a dick to you,as long as your cool O0 :2thumbs: :apimp: :cheers:

ya me too, as long as you dont call it charger, cause real hardcore Charger owners know its NOT, simply put nice magnum sedan

oh and welcome again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ITSA426

Welcome.  I may be next to get the new Charger.  It's not the same as the first generation cars but when I test drove the R/T Daytona I could feel the Charger heritage and thought it would be a worthy new ride.  Tough choice is GoMango now or wait for yellow?

4cruzin

Welcome to the charger board!!  Hope you enjoy!!   Post some pics if ya feel like it and don't let anyone get to ya!   

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RD

welcome.  though the two cars are worlds apart (in many regards) there will still be alot of help as far as technical (i.e. drivetrain) questions that you may ask.  Though yours has a crapload of sensors, unlike ours, most of the guys just do not work on their charger only, they work on many cars.  We will help out as much as possible.  And believe you me, this will be the best place to find out how to get more horsepower out of your car.  You may have a computer, but horsepower theory is something that a couple of our members are experts at, and well no one can top that.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Afflyer

Welcome!  Don't take the digs on your "Magnum sedan" too harshly- we really are a great group of folks here.

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Pistolpete

Welcome,

There are still afew of us that dont completely dislike the "new charger", Just wondering for all the "new charger" haters, would your opinion change if they had a two door version? What would you change on the new one to make it "earn" that Charger emblem?

Actually I kinda like this idea - think I'll start a new post!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

73dodge

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

ChargerBill

GEE, I'm starting to REALLY wish we were called the CLASSIC-CHARGER forum. Anyone remember that discussion? Anyone remember it was THE TOP name picked before DodgeCharger.com became available? Anyone remember that the sentiment around here by most (even those who like the '06 Creeder) was that this is a discussion forum for CLASSIC Chargers? Like the stupid car if you want, but this forum is really not about post '74 cars...NEVER was. Even late 70's and 80's tuff is RARELY mentioned or discussed. I've been here since the second month Dodge-Charger.com was started....I don't remember ANY talk of new cars at all...are we supposed to bend to the will of a few who think differently? I think it was 80% or better HERE that didn't even like the Creeder. Doesn't majority generally rule? Or are we supposed to get PC here all of a sudden and accept this too? Up until DCX PUKED out this friggin monstrosity we would only occasionally discuss a Viper (which BTW at least has balls and style and looks mean all at once). Are we now supposed to dedicate sections to PLASTIC side panels? EFI? 18" Bling wheels? Traction control? WTH is going on? You can like it if you so desire, but it doesn't belong here. There are plenty of forums for NEW cars and the '06 Creeder...THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM. Anyone care to correct me on that? [/size]
Life is a highway...

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

ChargerBill

Sorry man, I am VERY irrtated by this... It takes a lot for me to get to this stage, but I'm ready to snap my keythingy in half. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

BigBlockSam

i see your piont. it could get out of hand. Rene

cudaken

Bill, you and I are friends, just because they are driffrent, there is no reason to bad mouth them. It is a Mopar / Charger site.

I know you remember when last 426 got into about Black Night, and Mo Jo and I having at it over Charger Freak. There where some other's as you know as well. It was not fun, and hate to see that blind it's not normal so we hate it set in again.

Bill, I sure like to this this site excpet everone for what they have, not what we think they should have.

Love to talk with you again, your old friend Ken
I am back

89MOPAR

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 05:08:35 PM
Sorry man, I am VERY irrtated by this... It takes a lot for me to get to this stage, but I'm ready to snap my keythingy in half. :rotz:

Please break your keyboard, please break your keyboard , hahahahahaha   :laugh:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

RD

hey bill, tell us how you really feel :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Lowprofile

WHAT.....AN 06' CHARGER ON THIS SITE!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :brickwall: :cussing: :moon: :moon: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :puke:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ChargerBill

I can see that there are some here who are going to accept the '06 Creeder on this site, and I just don't have the energy to fight that battle. I'll give my digs and put my .02 ¢ in about how much I loathe it, and I'll never respect it no matter what anyone says, but if you guys want to change this site into a ricer site, go right ahead... :rotz:

Ken, I don't see how me hating the Creeder has anything to do with our friendship. I never thought of you as anything but a friend, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one...I won't accept that German made POS...period. I'd rather it wasn't discussed here, but it's not my site.

I think the best thing all of those who don't like the car could do is ignore topics about it. I'm figuring that with about 70% of the regular posters missing in those topics, they will die really fast and others may get a hint. I joined this site to talk about Chargers...not wannabe's.

BTW: This site was never about 80's Chargers either...for whomever asked that question. "Dedicated to the classic...." That means anything over 25 yrs old. Talk to me about the Creeder in 2031 K? But by then, they will all be Pepsi cans guaranteed...
Life is a highway...

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 04:50:06 PM
GEE, I'm starting to REALLY wish we were called the CLASSIC-CHARGER forum. Anyone remember that discussion? Anyone remember it was THE TOP name picked before DodgeCharger.com became available? Anyone remember that the sentiment around here by most (even those who like the '06 Creeder) was that this is a discussion forum for CLASSIC Chargers? Like the stupid car if you want, but this forum is really not about post '74 cars...NEVER was. Even late 70's and 80's tuff is RARELY mentioned or discussed. I've been here since the second month Dodge-Charger.com was started....I don't remember ANY talk of new cars at all...are we supposed to bend to the will of a few who think differently? I think it was 80% or better HERE that didn't even like the Creeder. Doesn't majority generally rule? Or are we supposed to get PC here all of a sudden and accept this too? Up until DCX PUKED out this friggin monstrosity we would only occasionally discuss a Viper (which BTW at least has balls and style and looks mean all at once). Are we now supposed to dedicate sections to PLASTIC side panels? EFI? 18" Bling wheels? Traction control? WTH is going on? You can like it if you so desire, but it doesn't belong here. There are plenty of forums for NEW cars and the '06 Creeder...THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM. Anyone care to correct me on that? [/size]

This from a guy that submits some posts and then takes 3-4 weeks off.   What the hell are you worried about Bill?   If YOU do not want to discuss the '06, then avoid the topics.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Shakey on October 17, 2005, 06:17:22 AM
This from a guy that submits some posts and then takes 3-4 weeks off.   What the hell are you worried about Bill?   If YOU do not want to discuss the '06, then avoid the topics.

Life DOES get in the way...if you have one. I had no control over having no time. Are you saying that because I'm mostly gone for 3 weeks I lose my right to voice my opinion? If you want to go there - I've been around longer than you have.

Sheesh, can't believe I even justified your comment with a comment. :rotz:

Did you read my post RIGHT ABOVE your post? Hello, McFly...  :icon_smile_tongue:
Life is a highway...

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 17, 2005, 06:39:10 AM
Quote from: Shakey on October 17, 2005, 06:17:22 AM

Life DOES get in the way...if you have one. I had no control over having no time. Are you saying that because I'm mostly gone for 3 weeks I lose my right to voice my opinion? If you want to go there - I've been around longer than you have.

Sheesh, can't believe I even justified your comment with a comment. :rotz:

Did you read my post RIGHT ABOVE your post? Hello, McFly...   :icon_smile_tongue:

I was posting mine when I got the message another post had been submitted.  I ignored the red test message as I had already decided on what I wanted to say.

I can see you have a life.  Do you wear a hat that says "5000 + posts" when you log on?  :icon_smile_big:

Voicing your opinion is one thing, suggesting guidelines as to who can post and what they can talk about is another.

It seems like you are upset over what topics are posted here, why would you care?  Ignore them if it upsets you.  Oh yeah, you said you were going to - good.

Pistolpete

:popcrn:

lets get a grip people, if you dont like it, Don't read the threads.....

Although this is pretty damn entertaining   
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

ChargerBill

Quote from: Shakey on October 17, 2005, 07:49:28 AM
I can see you have a life.

Do I sense a little sarcasm in your tone? ;)

Hey, I can take a hint, you don't have to hit me over the head with a 2X4.....k? :icon_smile_blackeye:
Life is a highway...

Brock Samson

Personally I don't see where we have to be rude.

NYCMille

Yes this is MOSTLY a classic Charger site - but it is also a CAR site. So what if someone buys and 06' Charger - big deal. It is a nice car regardless of what they call it. Why can't people just say congradulations and wish the guy well on his new purhcase? Are people not allowed to go out and buy a new Charger? Must they buy a classic one? no.

Anyway - Dude - welcome to the site, enjoy yourself here and congrats on your ride.

Troy

Well, it seems he's already gone. Wonder why? I don't think that posting in the Daytona thread had anything at all to do with it...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Doc74

Quote from: NYCMille on October 17, 2005, 10:41:44 AM
Yes this is MOSTLY a classic Charger site - but it is also a CAR site. So what if someone buys and 06' Charger - big deal. It is a nice car regardless of what they call it. Why can't people just say congradulations and wish the guy well on his new purhcase? Are people not allowed to go out and buy a new Charger? Must they buy a classic one? no.

Anyway - Dude - welcome to the site, enjoy yourself here and congrats on your ride.

I totally agree with your and many members' posts about being adult about all this, or at least act like adults and accept the guy not for what he owns and drives but for who he is, which we will probably never know since he left.

BUT

The way this is going, there's way too much discussion concerning the matter so that many members and friends are about to hit each other over the head.
I don't care that someone with an 06 comes here and talks about his ride, fine, I don't care so I may not read it and I move on but I have to admit I do NOT want to see every other post be about the 06, that's not what I'm here for and most will agree on that, I too voted for classic-charger.com, plenty other boards for new cars, this isn't it. We don't talk much about other classics so why this one? For the name??
As long as it's a few posts left and right, fine, go ahead, have fun but we will surely lose most members if this turns into a modern car site, let's face it, we don't give a damn about them now do we ?  :icon_smile_big:
That one pic Todd took of the 06 between old mopars? I'm sorry fellas but I can't accept that, at all, it doesn't belong there just as my 69 doesn't belong in a modern car show, simple as that.
But I really don't have a problem with owners coming here to chat, just don't try to bragg, it'll open op a can of...of...hell what was it again ?
As to being faithfull to ma mopar ? She died a long time ago, bury her, say a prayer if you feel the need to and move on, how the hell can you support Chrysler now after their attitude concerning the new whatever the hell it is ? According to Creed we ARE fossils aren't we? Trying to hang onto a past long gone?
Funny why they want classic chargers to be near the new one to 'pass the torch' then huh ? Remember all thiose email some of you got? And that disgrace Petty driving up in a 3rd gen? Charger fever my butt, money fever you mean .
I'll never like the new charger, Ii couldn't but I'm not about to go bashing their owners, just as long as they realise this site isn't about those specific cars.
Oh hell what do I care, I got the one I want.
Andy I'm swearing a lot today and I'm blaming you  ;D

Big Lebowski

Wow, all i've heard for 5 days in the forest is the mosquitos, i should check in more often. Anyway as an official '06 hater myself, i would always welcome a new Charger fan, with no need to be mean about anything. Our view, 90% last time i checked, was that DCX could have done so much more with the good name Charger. Good luck anyway. Mountain life rules!

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

RT DAVE

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 15, 2005, 12:24:38 PM
yes would be great to get some info about your 06 Coronet

I think you're doing a disservice to the coronet name...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

69_500

Well welcome to the site anyways.

As far as the whole topic of whether or not we are supposed to only talk about classic Chargers or include those after 74, or even the new one's? Well to me they are all Mopars and they are all chargers so let the discussions roll. I personally don't care for a lot of even the older chargers. However I love the Daytona's and 69 Charger 500's. Personally I don't care too much for 68's don't like the round marker lights on the side, love the round tail lights though. Hate the front grill on a 70 but love the door scoops. I also love the 93 Iroc R/T Daytona but don't care too much for the regular Daytona's from the early 90's.

HeavyFuel

ChargerBill, love your artwork, but your attitude......not so much.  But hey, that's the point here, I don't have to like it, and you don't have to like discussion about the new Charger. But this is a Charger site.  Until a much bigger percentage of the posts are about the '06, maybe we forget about McCarthyism and no, the commies are not coming. 

By the way, my bro just picked up this little baby.

HeavyFuel

Just dickin' with ya.   ;D

But he did just get that car.

bull

I could see having threads about a new Charger if they actually made one, but they didn't so why are we discussing it? Also, I wonder how many GM and Ford loyalists would be kissing those companies' collective butt like some members here are kissing DCX's if Ford and GM started making ugly four doors sedans with the name Camaro, Mustang or Corvette stamped on them? Some of you guys rolled over so easy it's pathetic. Accept mediocrity and that's exactly what you'll get from now on.

cudaken

OK, here's what i hope for. ;D Meet someone on the site with the 6.2 Hemi, runs it in to a guard rail. Lets me have the 2006 Charger and the new Hemi goes into mine. ;D

Just kidding. Don't want to talk with them, don't answer there questions like most of us could anyway. When they get bored, they will go away. If they don't get bored, well we might conveter them to the old ways.

This site is where I go to get a way from the nasty stuff life brings. I don't want to see nasty stuff here as well. Troy saved this great site for fun, not bashing.

Bill, yes you are a friend, hope to sme day to meet you as well. Now that 67 440 you have ;D

Ken, a friend you never met and never talked to soubler. :icon_smile_approve:

I am back