News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sell it to China for scrap or try used sale

Started by oldcarnut, May 09, 2008, 09:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I'm cleaning out the garage and it time to get rid of or sell some stuff.  I have several orig. alternators, ac compressors, and misc steel or alum pieces I don't think are worth too much for purchase especially after you figure the wieght for shipping. They may work as is but I don't know for sure.  I've collected a lot of stuff for cars I don't own anymore or were stripped for parts from totally rusted out cars.  I'm not a numbers matching part for part person or in the parts selling business but its time to let some stuff go for room to work onand fund my next project.  Question is do these knda of parts mean much to anyone or should I go ahead and sell them for the scrap metal value which is running good now because of China buying it all.   I'll save brackets etc. and see what interest there is but the rest  :shruggy:

Mopar440+6

You aren't in the parts business but maybe you could work out a deal with someone close to you who would be willing to buy all the parts, pick them up and they could sell them. Just a thought...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

oldcarnut

I don't have a problem selling off the stuff I don't need anymore to clear it out. Well I used too but I've been too much of a pack rat and one those "maybe I'll need it one day for my next car" guys and then lay it on a shelf collecting dust and dirt dobbers.  Might as well sell it to someone who needs it but whats really needed or just old alternator parts?  I just looked at a 69 Super Bee bulge hood I had sitting in covered storage behind the garage.  It was a good hood several years back but somehow slipped off the wood and ended up laying one edge on the dirt floor and rusted  :brickwall:.  Lotta good that does me or anyone else now. That's almost as bad as the I'm gonna fix-em up with my boy one day only to never happen and deteriorate beyond the fix-em up. I guess the best thing for me is to view the wanted and ebay adds and check to see whats what.  I've have had the offers to buy it all before for a couple hundred while what they were holding in both hands they were selling for that by itself  :slap:

bull

I hate to say it but they guy who buys the stuff from you will probably take it to the nearest scrap yard and sell it for twice what he pays you. Maybe sort it out and seperate the good stuff from the not-so-good and sell it accordingly.