News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stroker Oilpan?

Started by Reidar, September 16, 2008, 12:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi guys!

Im building a 415 stroker based on a 360 block, and I need a new bigger oilpan.
The car is a 1975 Dodge Charger and im having a hard time finding a pan that will fit.
Summit have one called MIL-30940 (Milodon), but it states its not stroker clearanced.

Anyone know where I should look?

Reidar

EffinDuff

To be honest I dont know very much about the 360 block so i couldnt help you much in that aspect.  However I have worked with this company and had millions of questions for the guy.  He took his time, explained everything to me and was a plethora of knowledge.  Well worth a call imo.

http://www.440source.com/oilpans.htm

Good Luck  :cheers:

BROCK

According to the SADesign book SA104 "How to Biuld Big-Inch Mopar Small Blocks":

408 Magnum.......................Moroso Deep Sump 20730 & Pickup 24700 (MoPar P4286589)
414 Budget Bracket Racer.....Stock Pan & Melling M72HV Pump
476 Monster Small Block........Moroso Deep Sump 20730, Pickup 24700 & Melling M72HV Pump

I have not tried these combos.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

kamkuda

I used a milodon 30940  low profile pan on my 408 for years.   :yesnod: I had to put a small notch in the k frame for it to fit. No stroker crank clearance issues at all, worked great

Challenger340

I haven't encountered any serious stroker oil pan problems, when assembling Engines, and certainly "none" that couldn't be rectified easily with a mildly applied "bash-ometer".
They all seem to fit.

Dunno 'bout actually installing in vehicles for fitment, I don't do that.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Beer

I think I used a 30935, I had issues with the windage tray as well. Its all documented in my 318 to 402 stroker thread.  Tight fit based on a test fitting.  Should be putting the motor in early 09. This is for my 73.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...