News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW - '68 Fury

Started by The Kid, May 11, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kid

I found a '68 Fury III Fastback for sale locally. It's a 318 car with an automatic and just had about $750 of front end work, new rear springs, and new shocks all around.  There appears to be some rust (I'm thinking only surface) under the side trim but the underbody is fairly clean (the undercoating appears to be mostly intact). It would need new lower quarters but that's about it. They guy's asking $2700, I thought that was a little high since C Stripes just picked up a rust free '70 SPORT Fury for $1500. Attached are a couple of pics...

Also, assuming I did all the prep work, cut out all the bad metal, and cut the patch panels to fit, what do you think it would cost to have a body shop weld in the patch panels?

Thanks guys :cheers: !

konigcharger

a few things i would warn you about before buying this car

1) 2700 is steep for that car, #1 cars top out at 10-12k

2) lower fenders for that car are going to be difficult to find in any kind of shape

3) there is just no market for '68 fury parts

that said they are great cars my father still has the one my great grandfather bought new in '68

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

TruckDriver

$2,700 is to high for that. The most I'd pay would be around $1,500. I used to have a friend that had one with a 318. Ever since then, I then, I would love to find a '68 Fury fastback for myself :yesnod:

Hell, a few years ago, I let one get by me for $600. that was a V.I.P. model, with a 383 Commando and a console with new dual exhaust. And that car was in the same shape as the one in your pictures. Only reason I didn't get it, was because it had no brakes, and I had no way to get it home, where I could re-do the brakes. :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The Kid

Quote from: konigcharger on May 11, 2008, 09:04:47 AM
1) 2700 is steep for that car, #1 cars top out at 10-12k

2) lower fenders for that car are going to be difficult to find in any kind of shape

1) What would be a fair offer? $1500? $1000?

2) Actually, The Paddock has quarter patch panels for a '68 Fury. It's the only year they repop them for. It seems that they are a problem area on 68's for some reason.

TeeWJay426

If you like the car, make him a take it or leave it offer of 1500, 'cuz that's what it's worth. He's going to have it for a long time at 2700. Leave him your phone number as well- chances are he'll be calling you later even if he turns you down initially.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

konigcharger

if its a standard bench/ column shift car i wouldnt pay more than $1000 for it.

there is a '68 conv. near me its rougher than that car but i could get it for <$1000 but region does dictate price

:Twocents:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

squeakfinder

I'd start out lower than $1500. Start out at a $1000 or less. He's probably going to want more than your first offer. Gives you a little room to haggle.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Kevin68N71

The other posters are right on in the price range.

If you don't mind patching up those rear panels, looks like you could have a nice comfortable cruiser for not a lot of cash.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?