News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worth It Fore Me To Get charger

Started by mvpberto, May 08, 2008, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpberto

Yeah I'm not really looking to race it like some people, but I mean it would be cool to have the power, but I've found one that I'm really interested in, i've asked a couple people for their opinions if its a good price, and the guy is actually only like 2 hours away. So it's basically up in the air in terms of getting that or this other supra which is a good deal, but would cost just as much to have it even being able to compete with 68-70 charger.

hotrod98

Just set your extra cash into a good CD or money market. Wait until you're out of college and settled on where you want to live and work. Then find a complete car that someone else has gotten tired of...it happens... buy it and enjoy it.  I owned a funny car dragster while I was in college as well as a 69 Chevelle SS396. Both were distractions so I sold them and bought a nice bone stock Camaro to drive back and forth to school. I was finally able to concentrate on my education instead of working on my hotrods.
Even managed to buy the Chevelle back 20 years later.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Finn

To give you an idea I got mine for 8, put a hell of a lot into it, and it wasn't (and still isn't) anywhere close to being a daily driver. It was in the "lucky if it runs" category.
Ive got two jobs and go to college and its a bitch to find time to work on it during semesters. I'm making the money to buy parts still but I just don't have the time to work on it with hw and exams. Ill only be taking 1-2 classes over summer semester just so I can hopefully finish the thing...If I cant do that Ill at least get it driving.
Now don't get me wrong, its not getting completely redone over the summer, Ive had it for...9 months?...already.

Good luck man!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

terrible one

It can be done.

I'm in class full time and work 45+ hours at work, and will have mine on the road soon, for a total of $9,000 or so, and that includes cost of the car. It can be done. Really. If you want it, get it.

Finn

haha whoops forgot to throw in that part    ;D
I totally agree, it can be done.
If anything find a charger now before the prices go up more. :Twocents:

(just dont use hlpag)
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L