News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another "What part is this?" question

Started by dspaulding70, May 07, 2008, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

This piece has a rubber padding that is falling apart and I would like to replace it.  Can anyone give me an idea what it is called?

1969chargerrtse

Under the front fender are several rubber flaps, Covers, that cover sheet metal overlaps or meeting points.    They are available as I replaced mine.  Year one, A&M, Dante,?   I forget where?    
  Someone was telling me those are aligment access areas for adjustments on the upper arm, while your on the other side.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

That is the rubber that is stapled onto the shield thats bolted to the front frame rail.  The tie rod passed through it.  I think the shield acts as a gravel guard for the starter.

AFAIK that rubber piece is reproduced.  You can try Bill Allphin www.amhightechauto.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T