News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger grill centers

Started by charger_mike75, November 02, 2007, 08:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_mike75

Have you tried the phone number?

69charger2002

i'll admit they are kinda slow on getting back, but i got a 68 charger grill center today, and WOW. it is sweet. not sure if anyone else has gotten a 68 one yet, or if i'm first, but it looks very good to me
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

SnoPro440

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 03, 2008, 07:23:40 PM
i'll admit they are kinda slow on getting back, but i got a 68 charger grill center today, and WOW. it is sweet. not sure if anyone else has gotten a 68 one yet, or if i'm first, but it looks very good to me
trav

I was going to buy one of those but the only feedback left for them for a Charger grill was a bad one.  Did you buy it off of ebay or just call the number to order it?
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

SFRT

the 'cheap' 69 centers are all black plastic and will need painting. If the pic is accurate on the 995 expensive one, it is painted in 'original' fashion.

maybe thats why it costs so much.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: sick dawg on November 05, 2007, 05:26:06 PM
Quote from: 69Charger_440 on November 05, 2007, 12:39:40 AM
Thanks for posting, but at $995 for the center section, I'll pass.  I emailed and asked what the price was on those, and if they were in stock.  They emailed me back, and I quote, "These are special order items, and they run at $995."  Oh well, guess I'll try and work on mine.

THIS IS THE PHONE NUMBER TO A PLACE THAT SELLS 69 REPRODUCTION GRILLS. I CAN'T REMEMBER THEIR NAME, BUT I FOUND THE PHONE NUMBER.  THE WHOLE GRILL WITH HEADLIGHT DOORS AND EVERYTHING IS $500 or $600 IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.  JUST THE CENTER, PAINTED TO MATCH A STOCK GRILL IS $350 AND  $24 TO SHIP IT. A LOT BETTER DEAL DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
(972) 548-7056

Yea, if they send it to you. There have been several threads here about this company and how dicey their business practices are. Type "Premier Plastics" into the search box above and start reading.

69Charger_440

In case anyone is interested, I emailed them via Ebay, and this is what they responded. 

"Hello,
Yes, our Charger grilles are on sale thru January for $450. Shipping currently is two to four weeks. 
Our parts have a one year replacement guarantee. Shipping to your zip is $78.63

Thanks
Angela
972-548-7056
Premier Plastic Reproductions
"

I also contacted the one guy (Florida-Auto) who appeared to have gotten burned by PPR, and this is what I received.

"I did finally receive the grille after I filed a dispute with e-bay. It came about 6 weeks after I bought it. The fit and quality was good. Pay by credit card so if you never receive it you can decline the charges. Hope this helps."

Just putting this out there for those who may be interested.  I am thinking of getting one, but am leery of buying from them after reading some negative things about them.   

69charger2002

Quote from: mxzx440 on January 03, 2008, 07:27:53 PM

I was going to buy one of those but the only feedback left for them for a Charger grill was a bad one.  Did you buy it off of ebay or just call the number to order it?

they actually used one of my 68 grills as a template for the repro grill. so it was a "gift".. not done through ebay etc. i think they just started "selling them" before they had the finalized product ready to go. there were a couple flaws and they corrected them while still listing them on ebay. that is probably why they have gotten delayed so long.. i'll let you guys know how the doors and buckets look when i get them. yes the entire grill is black, but for what the price would be, i think it's worth $700 to throw some argent silver on it. very nice quality part
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

It would be nice if they would address the problems because they've created a situation more vague that what existed before. The advice given by Florida-Auto to use a credit card sounds pretty good. I sure wouldn't be sending them a cashier's check.

mikepmcs

So are these no longer in existence, I searched but couldn't find where Premier quit selling/making etc.... :shruggy:
I've seen the bad PR for the company on threads though, but curious to know if anyone else is peddling/making them.

thanks
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SnoPro440

I just talked to Angela over there yesterday to find out where the hell my grill is.  She said I am supposed to get it next week.  She said there was a problem with the tooling for the 68 center section so that has caused delays.  I haven't heard anything about them going out of business.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

mikepmcs

That sounds like a familiar creedo for them as i've seen in other threads. None the less, thank you for the response.  I'm guessing just a number for them and no site?
Didn't Jude (Charger_Aficionado) work for them or something a while back.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?