News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Size and weight of a 69 door

Started by bamadukefan02, May 07, 2008, 10:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamadukefan02

I just found out my wife is bidding on a General Lee door as a birthday present for me and I was wondering what the size and weight of a door minus the vent window is so I can plan on shipping costs if I win it.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bamadukefan02 on May 07, 2008, 10:05:23 AM
I just found out my wife is bidding on a General Lee door as a birthday present for me and I was wondering what the size and weight of a door minus the vent window is so I can plan on shipping costs if I win it.

Ive got two sitting in my garage right now, if i remember when i'm in the garage tonight, i'll put it on the bathroom scale and report back.  The vent window doesnt weigh that much, 5 lbs maybe.

Paul
in St.Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

PocketThunder

I took the bathroom scale out to the garage last night and put my '69 door on it and the door weighs 65 pounds with all glass and vent window frame.  It measures about 54 inches long x 28 inches tall x 12 inches wide.  This measurement does not include the height of the vent window frame. 

Does that help?

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bamadukefan02

Paul,

that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks
Holt