News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger headliner, short rear bow clip

Started by 69RTSEV88, May 03, 2008, 03:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RTSEV88

Does anyone sell the "L" shaped clips that hold the short rear headliner bows in place for a 2nd gen Charger.  There are 4 of them used for the headliner, one of mine broke and one is missing.  These are not the same clips that hold the full width bows in place.  Those I found for sale, but the "L" shaped clips I can't seem to find.
Thanks

bill440rt

I know exactly the clips you are talking about. Unfortunately, no one is repro'ing them. According to R/T Specialties, they had no plans to make them, either.

A few of mine were missing/broken also. So, I crafted my own as a substitution. Basically, I took some metal tubing (the metal acid brush handles worked for me), & bent some up. I spread out the ends a little bit so when I inserted them into the roof, they stayed. OK, so it's not the real thing, but it at least got the bows to stay in place.

Hope that works for ya.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69RTSEV88

Thanks for the reply!  I'm going to try a few Mopar salvage yards to see if any of them may have a parts Charger that might still have a few of these clips left, but most likely I am going to have to fab some up myself.  The metal tubing sounds like it will be the way to go.

mike337

I may have an extra set of the bows and clips.   My 69 Charger has been buried in a series of body shops, but along the way I picked up a 69 parts car that I stripped.  Let me take a look in my parts, and I'll let you know.

Mike

69RTSEV88

Thanks Mike337, I would be very interested, even if I could only get one, as I think I can weld the broken clip that I have back together.  Please let me know!!!
Thanks
Al

mike337

Al,

I went through my stuff tonight and found them.  Please confirm a full set is 4.  It's been some time since I dismantled my Charger.

Also do you have a digital camera?

Mike

69RTSEV88

Yes, a full set would be (4) four clips.  Here is a quick pic I took of one of mine (sorry its a little blurry).
Thanks,
Al

mike337

Al,

I have two I can send you.  Please provide a complete address.

The cost is going to be huge!  I need a favor.

I would like to know if you can shoot some digital pics of your headliner installation and send them to me.  I need to see the placement of the headliner bows, both long ones, and the short ones I will send you the two clips for.

Mike

69RTSEV88

Ummmm, I do appreciate the offer, and I would be happy to help but the problem is that I never actually removed the entire headliner from my car.  I only pulled the rear portion of it down because I needed to do rust repair around the rear window.  The headliner had been replaced at some point in the cars life and is still very nice so I didn't feel it necessary to remove the whole thing.  What is it exactly that you need info on regarding headliner installation.  I still may be able to help!
Thanks again
Al

mike337

Al,

My headliner is completely out, and the car is in a body shop.  Hopefully it will emerge painted in about a month.   I did not mean to imply that I would only send the clips if you supplied pics.  The clips are yours, just give me an address.

Regards,
Mike

69RTSEV88

Thanks Mike,
I sent the address to your e-mail address
Al