News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the name of this part?????

Started by dspaulding70, May 06, 2008, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

It seems to be some sort of splash guard or something.  I want to replace it but do not know what it is called so searching is somewhat challenging.  Anyone give me some help?

UFO

You nailed it.It's a splash shield.
There are a few shields used,best bet is to look at a photo in whosever catalog your ordering from.Most have a thumbnail pic along with prices.
I would try cleaning that one up first.

472 R/T SE

I ordered mine from Bill. http://amhightechauto.com/

G39       K-Frame shields 1969/72 B-body , 1970/72 E-body $65.00 pair w/rivets

dspaulding70

I will order them tomorrow.  Thanks for the quick response.

Darrell

Charger-Bodie

You may want to be sure they wont interfear with that big sway bar first. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dave22443

Yes, and please make sure you include grease, dirt and oil on your car next time.  Your making me look bad!  :eek2:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

gasoline_24

I would take them off and clean them and then paint with some SEM Trim Black.  Mine looked similar and after a trip through the parts washer, media blaster and paint they look great.  You can buy the rivets from restoration rick.

hemi-hampton

I call them strut rod shield since they cover the strut rod.  LEON. :shruggy: :Twocents: :scratchchin: