News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any 68 Charger Canadian owners out there?

Started by C500, May 06, 2008, 02:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

More precisely Chargers that were manufactured destined for Canadian export. Would like to see pix of anything that differentiates your chargers from those produced for the US, in particular Canadian or 'export' decals and original paperwork, plus anything else relevant.

Your trunk lip and radiator support will have 'A' as the 4th digit and fender tag will have '6' under the 'r' on the top line. Build sheet should be obvious.

Please PM me if you're not comfy posting details here

Mods, if you think this needs moving to another section, please keep it here for a couple of days.

Cheers,

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

UFO

Quote from: Kiwi68 on May 06, 2008, 02:43:27 AM

Your trunk lip and radiator support will have 'A' as the 4th digit and fender tag will have '6' under the 'r' on the top line. Build sheet should be obvious.

I have a Cdn car.No `6` under `r`.
Build sheet says Canadian specs.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69bronzeT5

My '69 was built for Canadian dealership sale...dont know if you want any info since its not a '68? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C500

If you have any pics to post (body tags, decals, buildsheet, fender tag etc), I would be keen to see em. cheers bronze.

69bronzeT5

Body Tags- There was a Crosstown Motors (Edmonton Alberta) dealer emblem on the trunklid (holes are still there) but its long gone...dont think it was on the car when I got it
Decals- Nothing out of the ordinary that I've seen...BUT my original headlight/grille support has a sticker on it.....
Buildsheet- Dont have it
Fender Tag- I attached a picture. The "B" at the beginning of the order number stands for Canadian export
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C500