News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this respectable?

Started by gordo1968charger, May 05, 2008, 02:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo1968charger

been to the strip today and managed a 14.4 @95mph.
car is 383 4 barrel,with 4:10 dana,gear vendor overdrive and had street tyres.
could have been a bit better if i d had some sleep last night.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Steve P.

Need more info. Can you scan and post your time slip?
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gordo1968charger

reaction 1.3360
60ft 2.3929
1/8 et 9.3957
1/8 mph 77.20
1/4 et 14.4959
1/4 mph 95.18
any idea how much hp?
car is in full street trim BTW
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

myk

Don't know about the breakdowns of timeslips, but mid 14's in a heavy, brick shaped pig like a classic Dodge Charger is pretty good.  If you want hp numbers get it dyno'ed, as anything else is just talk and speculation.  Besides, if your car is performing that well who cares how much hp it makes...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Steve P.

Taking a stab at the weight of the car with you in it @ 4100# and using the calculator you have about 275 rear wheel HP.

Being on street tires doesn't fit well in this equation. Some M/T Drag Radials will help tremendously.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gordo1968charger

:cheers:
are the m/t drag radials street legal?
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Steve P.

Yes they are and have a DOT number on them in case any police want to give you trouble.  :2thumbs:

Just prepare for your car to act like an animal...  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Not bad for a 383 in a heavy car. The 60ft times need some work though....it should be closer to 1.9 sec with some good tires. Like Steve said, the MT street radials are killer....they bite hard once you heat them up.

You need to work on that reaction time  ;)....did the starter wake you up at the line.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

gordo1968charger

i was going to go with some superstock springs for my next visit.
are these ok for street use?it said in the summit site NO?
yes ron i did get awoken at the start line,i did nt get in from my taxi job til 4am,but petrol at £1.10 a litre i needed all the travelling money i could get
my adrenaline was rushing that much to get to the track i did nt need an alarm clock to wake me up.
someone looked at my carb last week and my secondarys were nt opening at all :brickwall:but it is running mighty fine now. :2thumbs:
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

gordo1968charger

chris,
thanks for the hp calculator  :2thumbs:
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Steve P.

I would venture a guess that about half of the old muscle cars I know have SS springs on them and are regular road cars as well.. I will be running them. They are on the car now. Ron is running them and probably half of this board is running them.. They are stiffer than stock or heavy duty. They DO require a special front spring perch. You can even buy perches that will move your springs inboard for even more tire/wheel combo.

Another thing. If you do go with the SS springs you will want to buy longer shocks for the rear as well. The SS springs normally lift the rear of the car by a few inches. Then once you have put the car up and put all the tire you can fit under there it gets difficult the change the tires. "NOT ON ALL MODELS" It depends on many things. No matter, you will want 2" longer shocks.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gordo1968charger

i have kyb shocks on the rear at the moment,what do you suggest?
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

moparstuart

any pictures of the car or the drag strip ?   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gordo1968charger

yeah,i ll post later.
it was a little strip near york uk.
my charger was the only one there,plenty of other mopars though.
did i mention i m only running 225/70 r14 tyres
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Steve P.

You need more and better meat on the ground. Many are running the 275/60 15 M/T drag radial and hooking well. They are a 28 inch tall tire. Need to be on at least an 8 inch wide wheel.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

red72chrgr

Car sounds really nice, better than that chainsaw sounding thing you were racing.
Nothing personal, just business

gordo1968charger

dynomax mufflers :cheers:
the chainsaw thing ran a 13.1.
no interior and a 2 litre turbo engine
i ll be back!!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

tecmopar

You said in the original post that you needed some sleep, well, you did get some, at the line (just kidding). The advice above is spot on and if you do, no, check that, WHEN you do get it to hook you'll be knocking on the 13's for sure which as said before that for what you have, HP, weight, etc etc its very respectable, good luck.

gordo1968charger

:cheers:
i still want a 440 though!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

gordo1968charger

took a trip to the strip yesterday
an improvement and the track was wet
reaction 1.0740
60ft 2.2498
1/8 et 9.2458
1/8 mph 77.77mph
1/4 mile et 14.2741
1/4 mph 96.96
i think the car is capable of 13s with a more experienced driver
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

firefighter3931

Nice improvement Gordo  :icon_smile_big:

What changes did you make from the previous runs....if any ?  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

gordo1968charger

superstock springs,frame connectors,hammer shifter and pinion snubber.still on the same tyres unfortunately,i only got 2 runs down the 1/4 mile as the track was wet,so the other runs were over the 1/8 mile.
hopefully the weather will be better when i go again in 3 weeks.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

firefighter3931

Quote from: gordo1968charger on May 07, 2009, 11:37:47 AM
superstock springs,frame connectors,hammer shifter and pinion snubber.still on the same tyres unfortunately,i only got 2 runs down the 1/4 mile as the track was wet,so the other runs were over the 1/8 mile.
hopefully the weather will be better when i go again in 3 weeks.

All good upgrades but you really need a set of sticky tires.  ;)

Get that 60' short time in the 1.9-2.0 range and you will have your 13 easily. Your current 1/4 mile trap speed is allready good for 13's  :yesnod:

Ron