News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar's in May branson missouri show pictures (ROAD TRIP) birdable blows-up

Started by moparstuart, May 04, 2008, 07:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Not a great idea to drive your car 3 1/2 hours away on its 2nd week end back on the road after 11years . No guts no glory I guess  :smilielol:?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

We started the trip thursday may 1st .First stop grandview missouri to pick up the birdable. We had to wait unit noon because the birdable just had it's top installed and he didnt finish till noon . We couldnt put the top down for the whole triip because it needed to stretch for a week.
   The pink car is my buddy pete kirby's challenger getting a top installed also . Next stop belton missouri to get the exhaust flang tightened ,was leaking and noisy.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

My friend ron owns a transmission shop we stopped to tighten up the exhaust . It blew the lower radiator hose while pulling it in to put on the lift. Fluid everywhere .  We should have quit right there!!!!!!!!!!

moparstuart

we made it another 10 miles down the road to peculiar missouri bofore it a started over heating !  Made a water run at casey's and sat 1/2 an hour.  Was hoping it was just an air bubble .
     Then we made it another 40 miles to garden city miisouri before it really over heated again , found napa store changed the thermostat on the street out front. took hour and a 1/2 had to pull the compressor replace stat with small trunk tool kit! FUN FUN FUN  :smilielol:

moparstuart

We ran the next two and 1/2 hours at 65 MPH to keep it at 220 degrees because if we went 75 mph it heated up to 335 degrees and beyond. But we made it safe to branson missouri thursday night at 7:30 pm was exhausted and ready for food and bed.  Friday the family and I did the touristy stuff in the hill billy vegas so the birdable sat and behaved while we cruised in the mini van (Wifey support vehical).

moparstuart

Saturday we did the car show . IT was at the 57 heaven museum great place for a car show ,only had 50 cars or so but some nice cars.

moparstuart

:popcrn: more show cars ,    the petty blue 3rd gen came all the way from colorado and past us just before we overheated in garden city missouri .

moparstuart

:drool5: awesome 500 aerocar from arkansas  member here moparnutty's

moparstuart

:popcrn: sue george's daytona  :drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5: wayne perkins daytona next to the birdable

moparstuart

my newly remaned holley's needed some adjusting so my ace mecahnic Ed george got them running great. He set the center carb ,closed the rear carb that was running open alittle , set my kick down . We had to run to oreilly and get a clip for my choke  cause the rod was just hanging loose.

moparstuart

:drool5:  the blue 69 is member  MIke Schader's car from  jefferson city  Missouri

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:drool5:  never fails there is always a general

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5:  this pro touring cuda was awesome

RD

that dustaar was in mopar muscle a while back i believe... wow.. those are some great cars! keep it coming keep it coming!!! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: we went to the 57 heaven museum All the cars are 1957's I will put those pitures in at another time !

moparstuart

we went to dolly partons dixie stampede for dinner and theatre saturday evening. Great show and food !

pro touring cuda guy finally opened the hood to show the 6.1 L NEW hemi,  later saturday night the put up a blow up drive-in movie screen and showed (DUKES OF HAZARD THE MOVIE)

Sunday morning we headed for home Three wing cars on the road Home ! Stopped in ozark missouri To eat at Famous Lambert's (HOME of The Throwed Rolls)

moparstuart

moparstuart