News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Congrats to Bill and his Plum Crazy Charger!

Started by resq302, May 04, 2008, 06:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

:cheers:  Congrats to Bill on his First Place NJ Region AACA award today.  Stunning 70 Charger like always.  There was also a 69 Coronet R/T convert that took second to Bill in his class (sorry, I forgot his name).  A very nice (supposedly unrestored) original 1955 Chrysler Imperial took a first place in its class also.  I appologise but the pictures did not save to my camera for some reason.  Must have been a battery issue or something as the batteries died shortly after taking some pictures. :brickwall:

Here is a scanning of the dash plaque this year.  The dash plaque feature the previous years Best Restored Car of the Year.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

What no pics?  post up post up!!

Congrats to Bill & Kevin ( who I am assuming the 'vert you mentioned is the owner)

How'd you do Brian?

:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Hopefully I can get some pics from the web master of our club who was going around taking pics.  My camera apparently had issues beyond my control.  I was in the Senior class and did not get anything, neither did my dad who was also in the Senior class.  Basically, the senior class is for cars that have won a First place in their class within the last 5 years.  This way it gives a chance to someone else to get a first placei n their respective category.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chris G.

Bill is automatic anytime that car comes out. The big question is, did Kevin take the top down?  :P

I'm no fan of the AACA, but congrats boys.  :2thumbs:

Warnock show next Saturday?

Kevin69RTvert

If I took my top off, they'd kick me out....I've gained some weight.

Oh....the car.....I drove the car there and it was still misting and the roads were a little wet. The top was up for the show, in the judging sheet they said convertibles were to have the top up.

I'll put it down for you on Saturday at Warnock.

-Kevin

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Kevin69RTvert on May 05, 2008, 04:47:01 PM
If I took my top off, they'd kick me out....I've gained some weight.

Oh....the car.....I drove the car there and it was still misting and the roads were a little wet.

WHAT!!!   Misting?  Wet roads?  Crikies man have you gone insane?!?!  ;)

Man I'm gonna miss the top down on Sat :rotz:

:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Wowee!! A whole thread on this??  :scared:  :nixon:

All in all it was a great show.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:  Some really nice cars were there. I've never been to this show before, it was a nice change of pace. I think it's good to have a separate class for previous winners, this also showcases those cars as well. It's also refreshing to see a Charger on a dash plaque for a change!  :D

The '55 Imperial is owned by a guy named Chip. The car is largely unrestored, but the jambs were redone & many other small detail items. But, major areas like the paint, chrome, interior, etc are unrestored. Beautiful car!

Awards aside, I was just glad to park my behind in a lawn chair for a good part of the day. That, & just being able to walk around with my son & point cars out to him. That was the best part.

Quote from: Chris G. on May 05, 2008, 02:40:14 PM
Bill is automatic anytime that car comes out. The big question is, did Kevin take the top down?  :P

I'm no fan of the AACA, but congrats boys.  :2thumbs:

Warnock show next Saturday?

DEFINITELY looking forward to Warnock next weekend!! But, Kevin needs to keep his clothes on!!  :D  :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

The 55 Imperial was nice.  Maybe a little too nice for an unrestored car it seemed. 

Bill,  hope you and Kevin had a good time.  They said they had over 200 cars there and there was supposed to be an English double decker bus but something must have happened as he did not show up.  Price of gas, incident with a bridge.... who knows? :shruggy:  Regardless, the day started off with a heavy mist and then about 10 o clock, the sun started coming out with some low 70's weather.  Throughout the day, I kept reminding myself that I forgot my hat and sunglasses home and I ended up paying for it with a nice sun burn on my face and back of my neck.  Oh well, ya gotta start somewhere at sometime.  Hopefully it will be a nice base coat for E-town. :rofl:
Brian

resq302

Brian