News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Adjusting the emergency brake

Started by cpthowdy1369, April 24, 2008, 01:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpthowdy1369

hey guys, is there a way to adjust the parking brake?  if so, how?  thanks Guys
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Back N Black

Yep, they are adjustable. I'm not sure what year you are referring to, but on a 2 gen charger it on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel. If you have a look under the vehicle you should see a threaded rod with a nut,tighten the nut to get the correct adjustment.  :cheers:

cpthowdy1369

oh, ya, it's for a 69.  sorry about that.  cool, i will go and try that.  thanks

cpthowdy1369

O.K.  I found out that the emergency brake cable guide that was behind the adjusting nut and in front of the tire had been knocked off of the bottom of the car and bent all to hell.  Does anyone know where I can get another one? :icon_smile_angry:

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

cpthowdy1369

I have to replace the front e-brake cable.  All I have left to do is unattach it from the e-brake pedal.  I have taken the kickpanel off to get to the back of the pedal, but before I start taking anything else off and messing something up,   What do I remove to get to the back of the pedal? OR What is the best way to remove the e-brake cable from the pedal and replace it?       Thanks guys

cpthowdy1369

resq302

What I did when I had to replace my front cable was to remove the rear splash shield in the front wheel well which gives you access to the two nuts that hold the e-brake pedal to the firewall.  This way you can remove the pedal assembly and disconnect the cable with plenty of room as there is a special pin with a retaining clip.  Prior to doing this, you need to remove the front cable where it meets the rear cable at the adjustment stud.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

cpthowdy1369

thank you very much, the inner wheel well nuts were the ones I couldn't find.  I found them and got the parking brake cable replaced.  thank you guys for your help. :cheers: :2thumbs: