News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recreating the Ernie Derr 1969 Charger in 1:18 Scale

Started by B5 Charger, April 24, 2008, 02:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

Thanks Ghoste those are great.  Where was that at?  If you've got any others we'd love to see them!   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Mopar Nationals in 1998.  I have a few others but I don't think they would be much help.

B5 Charger

Does that car make the rounds at any other Mopar shows?  Any other pictures would help with detailing if you have the time to post them.  We have done enough research to learn that he had MANY different decal arrangements through the seasons.  We are just trying to recreate the schemes we have pictures of.  We only have two pictures of the '70 and the decals are the same on both.  We figure they'll look cool displayed with a matching picture of the actual car.

Mike DC

That thing is so cool.  It should be left the way it is.

I've always wanted to build a General Lee like that.  To make a GL replica look like it would have really looked if it had been an real-life existing old '70s stock car.  The GL as we have always known it is really a cleaned-up movie prop version of what a '70s dirt track car was like.  Derr's car is the real thing. 

Ghoste

The story goes that the only way Ernie was willing to sell the car to the current owner was if he promised to restore to day one condition before it ever turned a tire in anger.  There were a lot of folks clamoring that it be left as is but I don't know the current condition.  To my knowledge it hasn't been shown now in nearly a decade.

Ghoste

Ghoste

Another on the trailer.  I hope these help as they're all I could find.  I know I have some more someplace but I will have to dig deeper in the archives.

B5 Charger

Thanks for all the pics Ghoste!  Anybody have any ideas on those decals??? 

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: B5 Charger on May 04, 2008, 05:44:36 PM
Thanks for all the pics Ghoste!  Anybody have any ideas on those decals??? 

That same decal is on Pete Hamiltons Super Bird.............pic is not that great though. Looks like 3 words over a blue ribbon of some sort...... :scratchchin:

Still looking.

BBD

BigBlackDodge

B5 Charger

Thanks BBD I would have never located that.  S&K tools? I would have thought it was PBR or something like that.  Here's a p[icture of that moog decal close up.  Anybody have any idea what the tiny writing is?   :scratchchin: