News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hiding in plain sight

Started by nh_mopar_fan, April 27, 2008, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

Today, my wife and I decided to take a ride up to the lakes region of NH to survey the winter damage at our camp.

On the way up, we passed a house with a nice new painted 68 on a trailer. Since I had the camera, I said I'd stop on my way back and get a pic.

By the time we got back, it was gone.

But, about a 1/2 mi down the road there is an old garage with a fence hiding everything out back. But, out in front I saw a couple cars so I decided to snap a few pics. I was going to go futher in since I could see more in the back but this sign changed my mind:

nh_mopar_fan

The first car I see is this Olds. Nothing too special but in decent shape from where I stood.

nh_mopar_fan

Just to the left is this "cute little car" as the wife calls it....hey, it's sort of a cousin Mopar, right?

nh_mopar_fan

There were a few other cars and then a fence and some weeds.

In the corner, against the fence, not more than 50 ft from the road, I spy this....

nh_mopar_fan

From where I stood, I thought I could make out that hood so I decided to get a little closer and snap a quick pic....

I think I may go back during business hours and talk about this one.....

Magnumcharger

Ummmm.....yeah.....you definitely want to go back and talk about THAT one!!
Hopefully, it lives up to the advertising on the hood!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

RD

a 72 with a 71 r/t hood, hideaways, 1/2 vinyl top and buckets... my bet its a 318 car w/console... if you get the hood, sell me the inserts :D i need them
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

nh_mopar_fan

So it's not a 71? I don't claim to be a 3rd gen guy so I have no idea.....

Hey Brian, this isn't too far from your house, in case you're interested.

Charger_Fan

Ummm yeah, the hood doesn't look like it came with the car...that whole purple on blue thing just makes me assume. :icon_smile_tongue:

Still a cool find, thanks for sharing the pics. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 27, 2008, 09:23:28 PM
So it's not a 71? I don't claim to be a 3rd gen guy so I have no idea.....

Hey Brian, this isn't too far from your house, in case you're interested.

Side markers are a dead giveaway that it's not a 71.  71s had inset sidemarkers.  72 and up look like they were just stuck on.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Kevin68N71

That first one is an Olds Starfire.  I consider it kind of the precursor to the musclecar as we know it, or at least to the 442.

It is a big two door with aluminum on the sides, a 394 Cubic Inch high compression (for the time) with 345 horsepower, dual exhaust, tons of standards and options, console with a tach in it, etc.  For the time you could get all sorts of options that you didn't see much...power windows, power WING windows, Wonder Bar radio with foot changer, air opened trunk, power antenna, etc.

Really kind of a forgotten car, must less known than say a Pontiac 2 + 2.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

NHCharger

Might be interested if the price is right. Looks like it's in the same condition as my 72 parts Charger I dragged home 2 years ago. With the R/T hood and hide-aways he'll probably think it's worth 10k.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nh_mopar_fan

69*F5*SE

Wow, what a nice BEWARE sign. Quite the walk-in museum piece. :icon_smile_big:

RD

Quote from: NHCharger on April 28, 2008, 04:43:44 AM
Might be interested if the price is right. Looks like it's in the same condition as my 72 parts Charger I dragged home 2 years ago. With the R/T hood and hide-aways he'll probably think it's worth 10k.

if you get it, could you sell me the inserts?  i know its a long shot, but remember, we are 3rd gen brothers (whatever that means, hehe...)  *bows to the supreme commander to get a cheaper price on inserts* :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NHCharger

Quote from: RD on April 28, 2008, 11:18:54 AM
*bows to the supreme commander to get a cheaper price on inserts* :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamey, glad to see you know your place in the pecking order here :lol:
I think I know exactly where that place is. The yellow equipment in the back round is part of a large sand and gravel plant. If this is the place this guy has had old cars in his yard for the last 30-40 years. He's alway had GM products out front so I never paid attention.

69*F5*SE. I live on a private dead end road. We have a sign at the start of the road. " Private Drive. Do Not Enter.Trespasser's will be violated"
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mikesbbody

Quote from: RD on April 27, 2008, 09:21:39 PM
a 72 with a 71 r/t hood, hideaways, 1/2 vinyl top and buckets... my bet its a 318 car w/console... if you get the hood, sell me the inserts :D i need them
Look like there are some nice parts on that car (espicially the hood) hopefully someone here will get it and put it to use.

hemi-hampton

I notice the rest of the R/T stripe is missing from top of Fenders & door. Obviously some one added the hood. Wonder if they added R/T Tailights also :scratchchin: I could se those :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: LEON.

nakita7

BMOTOXSTAR

Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing. :cheers: :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

NHCharger

Just got back from checking the place out. I walked into the garage, introduce myself to a guy who resembles Paul Sr. from OCC. said I heard from a friend in town he had a an old Charger out back and if he had any plans for it or might it be for sale. Said he had No Charger out back. I told him I had two 3rd gens plus a parts car and we started talking, we knew alot of the same people and he drag raced hemi cars at NEDW back in the 70's. After an hour he brought me out back and showed me four 3rd gen chargers. There was another 72 sitting to the right behind the one in the pic. Off to the right was a 73 and a 71 SE. All where 318's, except the 71 which was an N code, 383/4bbl.

The 72's and 73 are pretty much parts cars from a quick glance, on the 73 the fender turn signal lights were held on with Sheetrock screws (Yankee ingenuity). Also had a Chrysler 300 that looked mint and a cuda up on blocks ( couldn't see the Cuda). This guys a real car nut and knows what he has. He's been offed $900.00 for the bulge hood. The 71 SE he is fixing to put on the road, has a fresh 440/4 speed. Interior is pretty nice except for the commercial office carpet on the floors. He's planning on building a Daytona wing to put on the Charger just to piss off the purists. I like this guy.
So Nothing is really for sale, he seems to be hoarding all the parts. This is the same place I was talking about in my earlier post.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel