News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shipping and Handling Sticker Shock

Started by Chatt69chgr, May 02, 2008, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Just sent the steering gear core back to Firm Feel via UPS Ground which is the way they sent the rebuilt gear to me.  Cost me $40 S&H to get the new rebuilt gear sent to Chattanooga in Feb of this year.  Cost me $55 to send them the core back yesterday.  Ordered a intermediate shaft from 440 Source.  Cost $39.95.  Shipping and Handling $13.50 (I thought this was excessive).  Talked to AMD about some body panels.  They said since I live in Chattanooga, it would be far cheaper for me to drive to Gainesville, GA and pick the stuff up and pay the 7% tax than for them to ship it.  Said shipping has gone through the roof in the last couple of months.  Sure am glad I have got pretty much all my parts bought now for my restoration.

Side note---------AMD said that the trunk pans (two piece for 69 Charger) they got in were incorrectly made for butt weld down the center-----not lap joint like they specified.  So it will be a couple of months more before they get these in stock with the correct lap joint.

TripleBlackGator

I had the same prices with Firm Feel late last year. I would imagine a business who deals more in bulk shipping would get a better price than you or I would. It's common knowledge also that weight means more money to ship and we both know a stock box weighs a good amount. It's pretty much solid steel throughout. The body panels from AMD are an oversize freight item and that shoots shipping cost up accordingly. I do my best to order as much parts as I can afford at one time (from one vendor ie: Year One etc.) to help keep the shipping costs down. All it can take is one oversize or heavy part to ruin that plan though. Right now the cost of fuel is driving everything up especially shipping. Sadly it's the cost of doing business. Your either in or your out. I am still in need of some items but since I plan on getting the "Gator Mobile" back on the road in '09 I am waiting for Carlisle and the Nationals to get those parts. For the most part it's a better (show) price, no taxes and no shipping!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

y3chargerrt

Shipping rates rise with the cost of oil. Like everything else.

xs29l8b

71ChallengeHer

I sent my steering box out thru a parts place here. They sent it back on the parts truck and I didn't have to pay any shipping. :icon_smile_big: