News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fresh paint on a 68 charger

Started by motorhead, May 01, 2008, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead

Just shot this today, Havent wet sanded yet . I dont know ,what do you guys think?

motorhead

heres a few more, I know its dark like the batcave but its all I got to spray in.

68hardchargerrt

From what I can see it looks good.  Maybe some orange peel from one picture, and I like the color.  If you sprayed urethane, no big deal, you can wet sand the orange peel out and it will buff out like a show car.  very foregiving paint.  wetsand up to 1500 or 2000 wet and it will buff out real nice and flat.

Good luck and it will be awesome when done,
Greg.
"If you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't driving it right"  Carroll Shelby

hemi-hampton

Almost looks like red oxide primer. Dont forget to cut trunk plug holes. LEON.

Finn

Nice!
Im probably going to be painting my 68 in the garage next month *crosses fingers*, any tips for a first time painter?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69*F5*SE

Even though it's dark it looks good from what I can see.  Hope it turns out well for you.  Where did you get your rotisserie?  Ted

motorhead

As for tips on paint,go over everything 5 or 6 times on the car before laying down final coats. I already see a body line on the rear qrtr. I'm not real happy with.Good PPG paint flows well and saves wet sanding time . If your not painting every day you'll be wet sanding like me regardless.  The rotissirie is a whirlyjig pro. I did alot of research before buying one and found these to be the best in the longevity department with grease fittings on the load bearing ends and off road wheels for mobility.  www.whirlyjig.com if you want to look for yourself. good luck