News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing 68 charger grille emblem

Started by 68charger383, May 03, 2008, 05:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

Might be a stupid question, but nothing came up on search and I can't figure it out. Should be the same issue for the R/T grille emblem.

When the driver grille door is up, there are two sunk in holes built into the headlight grille door where the posts are located.

I bought a repop emblem off ebay...there were no nuts included.

is the emblem just stuck on and held in place by the prongs? Seems like every emblem on the car is attached by a nut.

If there is a nut, short of taking off the door, how do you access or get the nuts off? No access from behind with door down since headlight bucket is there...with door up, the holes are to far back in the headlight assembly to gain access. If I hold the door open I get a slight access to the holes...but I'm nervous since I don't want to break my headlight door or the grille.

Any help or trick would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

UFO

You're right there are nuts on the back side.You might gain enough clearance if you remove the headlight bulb.

1969chargerrtse

Nuts or tiny screws?  Somehow I remember slipping in a angled stubby racket type screw driver head in there?  Are the two studs, studs?  Or do they have a fine threaded hole in each stud?   This my friend is the question?   Or maybe not. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

UFO

68 - nuts only
69 - nuts and screws.