News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Alley Show - June 1st - Fremont, CA

Started by Neal_J, May 01, 2008, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

...didn't go last year (conflicts...  :P) but should be there this year. Any other DC.COM members planing to go? I'll take the '68....  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

i'm going for sure maybe bring the r/v maybe the muscle cars, depends if i find other drivers or not..  :shruggy:

Neal_J

I have a little league game to coach in the morning but I hope to be there before 1:00.

It's my favorite show of the year & I always enjoy the white duct tape customizing on certain cars.  ^-^

Neal

Dans 68

All right, I just wrote the check to enter my '68 in the "daily driver" category (with my luck they will make me switch classes and go up against Best in Show R/T's and SuperBee's  :P) so I'll be there!   :2thumbs:   I hope to see a lot of DC.com members there and to put some names to faces (Photo I.D.'s may be required...  :eyes:  :icon_smile_wink:   :laugh:   :smilielol:)!

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

i talked to the organiser about entering my r/v in the emergancy/special intrest Catagory, 'n he says it'll be the first motor home they've ever had in 18 years.
I'll have a pot of coffee cookies & some cold sodas for folks who care to venture inside and some period 1978 music on the Kraco tape deck... I've made a step out of wood to help folks enter and exit the vehicle...

Beware the daily driver Cat. that's the most popular Cat. and the cars are way up on the higher level out in the sun, and away from the action while the specific make Cats. are down on the main lot under the eculiptous trees... (sp?.) i put my RR in daily driver and their were 40 cars there,.. i was seemingly miles away the entire show and never saw any of our estemed members,.. meanwhile down in the '71-'74 RR field right in front of the judges tent - there were four RRs all waaaaaaaay over optioned with nose whisters and curb feelers and extra Road Runner decals and dolls sprinkeled all over the place,.. my bone stock original might have broken through the clutter there but instead it was baking in the sun up on level three...
  live and learn..  :shruggy:

Dans 68

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 12, 2008, 11:30:20 AM
...Beware the daily driver Cat. that's the most popular Cat. and the cars are way up on the higher level out in the sun, and away from the action while the specific make Cats. are down on the main lot under the eucalyptus trees... (sp?.) i put my RR in daily driver and their were 40 cars there,.. i was seemingly miles away the entire show and never saw any of our esteemed members,.. meanwhile down in the '71-'74 RR field right in front of the judges tent - there were four RRs all waaaaaaaay over optioned with nose whiskers and curb feelers and extra Road Runner decals and dolls sprinkled all over the place,.. my bone stock original might have broken through the clutter there but instead it was baking in the sun up on level three...
  live and learn..  :shruggy:

Brock, thanks for the insight. I changed to the "C" class (B-body Dodge to 1970) as baking in the sun is not conducive to having a good time.   :2thumbs:  I'll look for the motor home. See you there!

Dan

Dans 68

'Bout 2 weeks to go! Besides Brock (aka Dave) and myself, who else is going? Neal J? Ryan 053? mopar-or-no-car (aka Rachelle)? pullrock (aka Eric)? SFRT (aka Frank)? Maybe I need to start pm'ing people... :P   :yesnod:

Dan

kcederwall08

I'll probably come out there, I've never been out to this show before. I don't know if I'll be able to bring my charger or not. what class are most of you entering in?

Dans 68

The class I'm entered is "B-body Dodge up to 1970" (which does not include  R/T's or 'Bees, thank God  :icon_smile_big:). It is a good show with lots of different Mopars. I hope to meet you.   :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

Brock Samson

here's the mopar alley website...
                                http://www.moparalley.org/gallery/album08
click on events, look for the "MOPAR ALLEY RALLY"
sure you can bring your charger...  :shruggy: why not?..

kcederwall08

The car seems to have a little problem with longer drives, it tends to get a little on the hot side after I come off the freeway. I live out in Walnut Creek so I'm not too far, but there are some other things I would like to finish on the car before I really drive it a lot.

Gotta 68

Okay guys, I'm in' too!  From Ventura - Southern California.  So, make sure to stop by and say what's up!  No dissappointments here.  Especially Brock, John K., and 70sixpckrt.  I'll be in the B-body Dodge up to 1970 (R/T & Superbee's) area.  I plan on driving up on Saturday and stopping in San Hoser for a couple freshly made cold one's at Gordon Biersch's joint.  Then, grinding on some spaghetti with meatballs & Italian sausage at Original Joe's afterwards!  Then, after the show Sunday it's off to the Giants vs Mets series.  Woohoo!  No Sonoma though.

Dans 68

Nice R/T! Have a safe drive up, and we'll see you at the show. I'm guessing that the B-body Dodge's (up-to-1970) will be next to the up-to-1970 R/T's and SuperBee's.  :P

Dans 68

Bad news. I'll be at the show but I don't know if my'68 will. I somehow stuck the tranny in 3rd gear last night (I drove it home that way from Livermore last night...gas mileage sucked  :smilielol: ) and I will be spending part of Saturday trying to unstick it. Wish me luck and I'll see you all there regardless....

Dan

MadScientist

Hi all,

Im back on the site after a while off (about 6 mo, due to family obligations), but me and my 70 will be there!  Last itme I entered was in 2005 in the Project class and I actually got a trophy (probably the last one I will ever get, but cool nonetheless).

I'll be the one with the FC7 and luggage rack.  I'll also be the one racing a 5 year old with a remote control Charger and Superbird!
Im looking forward to meeting you guys!

MadScientist
(Tom)

Dans 68

Tranny is unstuck, so I will be there with my '68.  :2thumbs:   I look forward to a good day of making friends and taking pictures.  Attached is the map of the Mopar Alley site that I received...the area my ride will be in is highlighted. Brock will be kitty corner to the left (EMERG SPL INST) and Gotta 68 next to Brock (B Body DGE RT/SB TO 70).

Dan

Bevs 68

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 01, 2008, 02:46:43 PM
...didn't go last year (conflicts...  :P) but should be there this year. Any other DC.COM members planing to go? I'll take the '68....  :2thumbs:

Dan

After spending the first couple of hours in the wrong class,  ::) (lol), I sidled up next to Dan's car. Two '68 4 speeds side-by-side. Sweet!
Bev

Proud to be a Mopar Momma!

Brock Samson

i got some pics of your cars too in Gen. Disc.  :yesnod: