News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Got Scammed for $7500 officially today

Started by 69charger2002, April 30, 2008, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Goodz on May 01, 2008, 07:18:18 AM
I think every good person gets burned at one point or another.  Just like any other obstacle in life, it builds character.  So what kind of person are you?  Are you the kind that doesnt trust anyone ever again because of this?  Or are you the kind that learns from a mistake and moves on, smarter and wiser for the lesson learned?  I think you are the latter.

Being happy on the good days is easy.  It's how you deal with the bad days that defines you as a person.  Keep your chin up, bud.   :cheers:
Well said. :yesnod:  Mean people suck.  Overall it looks like you've done well in life.  Stay positive.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Bob

Shakey

Quote from: hlpagsucks on May 02, 2008, 12:45:27 PM
As far as response #38 from Todd,
  Things like this are not funny, and even if you were just trying to be sarcastic, the next time you feel the need to make fun of a guy who got burned the way Travis did, or anyone for that matter, before you make your stupid comment, do everyone a favor and go f.ck yourself

7 posts and you're telling a long time and good standing member to go F himself?

Perhaps you should get to know the folks around here before throwing such intelligent words around.

TheGhost

Things like this are not funny, and even if you were just trying to be sarcastic, the next time you feel the need to make fun of a guy who got burned the way Travis did, or anyone for that matter, before you make your stupid comment, do everyone a favor and go f.ck yourself

Dude, Todd and Travis are friends, and that's just how Todd is.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Todd Wilson

:hah:

hlpagsucks

I would like to publicly apologize for my comments directed at Todd.
I did not know that he and Travis are friends, because I am still new, and I cant see any humor in a fellow mopar guy getting screwed.
Todd, I am sorry and will try to keep my temper in check, but it isn't easy when you read about these scum bags getting over on the honest guys.
I do believe that hell has a place reserved for these A-holes
               Lou

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CB

Quote from: TheGhost on May 02, 2008, 03:47:39 PM

Dude, Todd and Travis are friends, and that's just how Todd is.

yep he's like that:  :poke: :nutkick: :moon: :image_294343:
j/k Todd :nana:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Big Lebowski

That sucks Travis. I hope they catch this scumbag so he gets it in the butt every morning by his cell mate. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

nitrousn

Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 02, 2008, 06:13:29 PM
  That sucks Travis. I hope they catch this scumbag so he gets it in the butt every morning by his cell mate. :2thumbs:

Trouble is jerks like that would love 3 squares, a cot, and a hinney poke. For them life does not get any better than that.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: nitrousn on May 02, 2008, 06:50:25 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 02, 2008, 06:13:29 PM

Trouble is jerks like that would love 3 squares, a cot, and a hinney poke. For them life does not get any better than that.
:smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

blackcharger

Quote from: RD on May 02, 2008, 12:28:09 PM
Quote from: blackcharger on May 01, 2008, 10:21:48 PM
hard to believe that in this day and age someone can be gulible enough to send cash, esprcially thousands to someone they don't know.

no offense intended... but i am sure in all the decisions you have ever made, every single one of them has turned out to smell like roses huh?

this is a contradiction in the above statement, but if you do not have anything constructive to say, then... just dont say it.

Trav has done more for this hobby financially and physically, then you have probably even thought about.

all the more reason that someone that is experenced should have known better then to have sent that much cash to someone they didn't know. compare this to anyone who frequents this site buying a car from halpag , then being shocked when they get a bondo bucket in return for their money.

Todd Wilson

Its a bad deal but I guess the way you sent your $ will have a lot to do with things. Did you put 7500$ in an envelope and just mail it or did you use Western Union or Fedex with a signature?  If you just flat mailed that much cash you are probably screwed. If you have some form of paper trail you may have a shot at getting something done. Only other thing if cash was sent and you can figure out who they are they could get bank records and if 7500$ just shows up or they cant account for it then you may have something to lean on them with.  7500$ shows up in an envelope  7500$ cash will vanish in thin air. They never received it. Musta got lost in the mail. Check our bank accounts. We're barely scraping by with little to no money in it..in fact our cell phones got shut off cuz we couldnt pay the bill anymore. We gave up on this guy. He said he was going to send us money and never did. We dont want tire kickers and dreamers we want someone to buy our vehicles. Pretty solid story to stick by if they dont have a paper trail with the cash.

Todd

69charger2002

yep, all those scenarios have been playing in my head. i did send cash in an envelope, but it was UPS with signature
problem is the address turned out to be a mil boxes etc, the worked running the store signed for it, then these morons just walk in and sign for it.. no ID required. could have been anybody, and with fake names, still doesn't help with my tracing and pinning them to it
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Belgium R/T -68

I bought my -69 GTX vert from a Moparcollector in Vegas, in conversations over the phone I told him I wanted the car shipped to Mike in Orlando for further shipping
to me. I told him I would buy it when the title was ok, was a Alabama car, and waited for his return call. Guess if I was surprised when he called me and said the car was
on it's way to Mike with me still didn't have done any payments!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes you have this feeling when talking to people over the phone that it's right but sometimes
you are wrong. If it's not buying the dreamcar of your life and it's a reasonable amount of money you sometimes have to listen to your feelings or you have a very large
travellingbudget. That's only my opinion.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

gordo1968charger

money comes and goes,what would be more satisfying for me would be to beat the living shit out of him,7500 worth.
seeing his face when you track him down,if you get the money back as well it would be a double bonus.
best of luck finding this scum.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

ChargerST

If these guys post on forums like this they might also follow this thread. Helpful advice is good but the internet is a public place and just by reading this thread they might know what Travis is going to do next etc. Makes it easier for those scammers to cover their tracks. Any headstart that Travis might have is gone if posted publicly - just think about it.

Don't get me wrong, I want those assholes to be arrested but some serious advice should better be PM'ed than posted on the board.

rav440

my guess is this guy has done this before and will do it again using an ad on CL so if we just keep an eye out on the CL and wait for the deal to come up again , play the game with him the whole nine yards but tell him youll deliver cash in hand because you dont trust the post office or UPS but instead of cash notify the local police and or the FBI to meet this scum bag .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

68flame

Not sure if this will help had a guy that got shitty on the phone with my wife over a order that was missing goods because of in proper packing. Next thing we knew we where receiving items from other company's using the credit card that was used. Called one of the company's and the dumb ass placed order online which left a IP address that traced right back to his place of employment. So my thought is get in touch with craigslist they should have record of the IP the ad was placed from if they will give it up there is a site where you pinpoint there address and If I remember right  there name as well. Good luck hope this helps

resq302

Ok, this is really scaring me now as my dad just is in the middle of purchasing a 70 chally convert out of NC.  There has been a couple shady things that popped up in the middle of the transaction but all in all it seems like the seller is a decent guy.  Again, this is just what I am hearing from my dad as he is the one who is purchasing the car which was found on Craigslist also.  The guy sent my dad pics of the car during resto and after resto.  Luckily, dad saved the pics and printed out the craigslist page on it.  He also paid via a bank check so there is a paper trail there also.

Hopefully my dad does not end up with a deal like Travis.

Travis, I definitely feel for ya man.  I have purchased parts off of you in the past and you are certainly a stand up guy.  Why is it that anymore, it seems like the criminals are getting away with more and more and the good guy ends up taking the brunt of it and getting shafted. :flame: :RantExplode:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

aone415

Sheesh Travis, I'm so sorry to hear about this man... keep your chin up man don't let a pair of scumbag thieves steal your love and joy of Mopars... As has been said by others, if there is anything I can do for you from NJ lemme know

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

JerseyJoe

That really sux Trav.
No matter what the amount of $$$, it'll catch up with them...
Unfortunately, you probably won't get to see it happen but it will. :yesnod:

Blakcharger440

Quote from: JerseyJoe on May 03, 2008, 10:32:09 AM
That really sux Trav.

Yep,things have a way of catching up to people.  :yesnod:

1FastCharger

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on May 03, 2008, 11:21:37 AM
That really sux Trav.

YEAH!! Like Bullets!!!
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

terrible one

Quote from: 1FastCharger on May 03, 2008, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: Blakcharger440 on May 03, 2008, 11:21:37 AM
That really sux Trav.

YEAH!! Like Bullets!!!

:rofl: