News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Got Scammed for $7500 officially today

Started by 69charger2002, April 30, 2008, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 30, 2008, 09:24:38 PM
really has me in a bind. and i'm depressed enough SERIOUSLY that i kind of just want to keep one charger and completely get out of the hobby.

No!  Please don't quit!  Think of all the families and kids that are planning to visit ChargerLand on their summer vacation.  Think of the employees - do you really want to lay off all the tour guides, cafeteria employees, and groundskeepers?  Think of the impact to the local economy!  It's just one crook, don't let him ruin it for everybody.  If you're getting pressured from your wife, tell her she's gonna have to spend all summer consoling minivans full of screaming, crying children.  It's not worth it.

Goodz

It's sad how much faith and trust you put into mankind and all that is returned to you over the years, and how quickly all that is taken away from you from one untrustworthy jerk!  I have been down that road a few times.  Dont lose the faith because of one piece of crap.  Just be more careful in the future.  That's all.
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

Brock Samson

Sorry Travis,.. That wasn't fair to you,..  :rotz:
I'd like to know what you now would'a,.. could'a, should'a done to protect your self....  :shruggy:  in hindsight?..

Dave.

Charger_Fan

This whole thing is just the 'little voice's' way of saying that if the deal wasn't able to be done via normal deposit/money transfer means, then that deal just wasn't meant to be.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerSG

Hope you get the bastards that scammed you :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crap Trav, sucks to hear.....

Let this be a lesson to all you rookie buyers out there!    I view Travis as a well seasoned buyer/seller who's made tons of deals & this happened to him.....truly saddening :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Sorry Trav!  I hope you get some resolve.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73ElectricBlue

Happened to me twice.  The first time was with a guy in SC ($3,500.00).  What saved me and helped me get my money back was I used a USPS money order, the guy was dumb enough to give me a good verifiable mailing address plus phone numbers, and a very, very helpful detective in the area.   Second time was from a guy in Illinois and I never got my money from him ($130.00).  Good luck and I hope you get your money back.  Wish I could remember the name of the first guy.  Never know, he might still be doing it.

Belgium R/T -68

Feel for you the same way you did for me a couple of months back when I got scammed on the -70 Charger. But it's true what some guys are writing here,
when the sadness and anger and the hate of yourself has passed you come out as a stronger person.

// Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

gasoline_24

I got nothing on the phone numbers.  Sorry.  I will do some checking on the other info.

69charger2002

does that mean they were possibly prepaid? if so could they have just made up a name and address to attach them to, and that lisa boykin has nothing to do with this ordeal? i don't want to go harrassing innocent people. i like to have my facts straight first. i was hoping something would turn up on the phone numbers to help solidify stuff before i go further
police won't even call me back in columbia SC..
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

blackcharger

hard to believe that in this day and age someone can be gulible enough to send cash, esprcially thousands to someone they don't know.

Mike DC

Man!  Sorry to hear this Travis.  Not good.    Hindsight is always 20/20 but I've done plenty of dumber things in my life.  Just pure luck that I didn't get punished for some of them. 

Chase these guys down if you can.  I've let things slide when I've lost $1000 and a few other smaller amounts to people before, and in retrospect I wish I would have chased them harder.  The money wouldn't have always been worth it, but the principle of the thing would have. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lisa Boykin" doesn't sound like a very common name to make up.  That's a weird last name.  There are pretty long odds against someone accidentally pinning that correct first name onto that odd last name, let alone also nailing the area where the real person with that name actually lives. 

I'd start the investigating with her. 

hemi-hampton

Bummer, Since you did not see a Picture I doubt the cars actually existed, You never met or seen these people so they can be anybody. I've found the Police are usually a total wast of time, they dont care, To busy at the local Dunkin Donuts. I've been scammed before so know how it feels, but not for that much. To make the scam work they are friendly & call you like everything is alright But I've found that your first Instinct that somethings not right is usually true but you'll disregard that first instinct & go forward & then kick yourself later. My Advise, If you get a funny Vibe/feeling back out & walk away, like I did with that McGahey wanting to sell me a Fender he already had sold. Been there done that before. Good Luck. LEON.

2Gunz

Where did you send the money to?

That to me seems like the easiest thing to do.

Oh and make SURE you keep EVERYTHING related to this no matter
how unimportant it seems at the time.

Assuming you find these people, you will then have to prove that
you gave them money.

Get a copy of your phone records to establish that you contacted them,
and they called you as well.

Copys of the email

copys of their ad

And HOPEFULLY you sent the money with some sort of tracking so you can prove you
sent a package to them.

Everything and anything.

Otherwise you could get them in court and they could just say they have no idea who
you are and what your talking about. And then its just he said she said.

Ive been to court a few times and it has NOTHING to do with right and wrong.
Its who has the best paperwork. Well that and who has the best suit.

chargerkid01

hey don't knock trav he is the nicest guy on here and would help anyone of us out if we were in a bind!!! Dude I'm sorry I wish there was something I could do. DO NOT SELL your chargers unless you want to or unless your selling one to me that was a joke a little laugh always helps in bad times  :yesnod: soo sorry bud I hope you get them!!!!! :flame:

charger01

I can't see this turning out in your favor.  Probably prepaid cell phones, staking out a mailbox waiting for your payment.  I know in hindsight, you know,you shoulda known better, but doesnt really help you now.    I have always thought about buying and selling cars like you do, but my nerves cant take it.  Tooo leary of scammers and losing what I got.  good luck to you.

chargerkid01

Keep your hopes up bud you'll get them!!! You are to good of a person not to!!!

The70RT

Quote from: charger01 on May 02, 2008, 09:43:23 AM
I can't see this turning out in your favor.  Probably prepaid cell phones, staking out a mailbox waiting for your payment.  I know in hindsight, you know,you shoulda known better, but doesnt really help you now.    I have always thought about buying and selling cars like you do, but my nerves cant take it.  Tooo leary of scammers and losing what I got.  good luck to you.

How is that? You see the car you buy it. If you don't then everything else is a risk. If you don't take any risks you don't get scammed. If you miss a deal I guess you never know since you never got to check it out so no loss. If they can't hold it till you get there then maybe it is too good to be true. If it is all about making a bunch of money and taking chances then sooner or later you it will catch up with you if you buy without checking it out first. I buy cars all the time but gave the cash when I got the car  :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

charger01

Quote from: The70RT on May 02, 2008, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: charger01 on May 02, 2008, 09:43:23 AM

How is that? You see the car you buy it. If you don't then everything else is a risk. If you don't take any risks you don't get scammed. If you miss a deal I guess you never know since you never got to check it out so no loss. If they can't hold it till you get there then maybe it is too good to be true. If it is all about making a bunch of money and taking chances then sooner or later you it will catch up with you if you buy without checking it out first. I buy cars all the time but gave the cash when I got the car  :Twocents:

I was simply stating. Buying and selling high value items on ebay with all the phoney checks and scams out there can be risky enough.  This is an awful thing to happen, but He should of known better.  Buy two cars without seeing them or even have vin numbers to know if they even existed,and then send cash for them.  I wish him the best of luck recouping his monies, but just dont see it. 

BigBlockSam

good luck on finding the bastards . they desirve a hell of a beating.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ukpete

Hey trav, sorry to hear your news, been there myself, its the heart ruling the head i guess!

I know its not much concillation, but if you happen to get word that they are in jolly ole england, let me know, i have freinds................................................. :angel:

TUFCAT

Quote from: chargerkid01 on May 02, 2008, 09:24:20 AM

hey don't knock trav he is the nicest guy on here and would help anyone of us out if we were in a bind!!!

This is the reason we've rallied behind Trav..... If he was a schmuck, it wouldn't matter.  It sucks when a good guy loses.   

RD

Quote from: blackcharger on May 01, 2008, 10:21:48 PM
hard to believe that in this day and age someone can be gulible enough to send cash, esprcially thousands to someone they don't know.

no offense intended... but i am sure in all the decisions you have ever made, every single one of them has turned out to smell like roses huh?

this is a contradiction in the above statement, but if you do not have anything constructive to say, then... just dont say it.

Trav has done more for this hobby financially and physically, then you have probably even thought about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trav,

let me know if I can help out in anyway.  seriously.

Jamey
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: RD on May 02, 2008, 12:28:09 PM
Quote from: blackcharger on May 01, 2008, 10:21:48 PM

no offense intended... but i am sure in all the decisions you have ever made, every single one of them has turned out to smell like roses huh?

this is a contradiction in the above statement, but if you do not have anything constructive to say, then... just dont say it.

Trav has done more for this hobby financially and physically, then you have probably even thought about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trav,

let me know if I can help out in anyway.  seriously.

Jamey

Well, said, Jamey.

Sorry to hear that you got burned like this, Trav.

Likewise, if I can help, let me know.

I hope you're able to get something on these POS people, bro. :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!