News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Got Scammed for $7500 officially today

Started by 69charger2002, April 30, 2008, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

Could be.  Some of those are prior residents as well.  I am emailing you a wordpad doc with all of the Lisa or similar spelling Boykin in SC.  I will let you know what I find on the cell number tomorrow.  I should be able to tie the name to a social and run her down.  We will get them or at least get a name for the SC police to go arrest.

69charger2002

i will owe you if this works out man. again i don't know who these people are.. only going off what the sprint guy told me.. that these phone numbers that are now out of service.. who they are billed to..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

gasoline_24

JimShine

I just wonder if someone else had access to these records, could they have picked up a cell phone using a bogus Lisa Boykin ID. If the cell carrier did a check on the addy, they would see it was legit as recent as 2006, they may issue a phone and the current residents toss the bills thinking it is residual mail from a previous resident.

gasoline_24

You can't get these records off of the regular internet.  I don't think this would be available.

ChargerST

Sorry to hear that. It's a shame that these crooks are not behind bars - yet.

@gasoline_24:

maybe you shouldn't post the name/addresses of the people you found on the board. I know you're just trying to help but certainly not all of them are scammers - just for privacy protection reasons you should send the info via PM or e-mail.

gasoline_24

ramit

This may seem kind of silly but when you do a search on myspace for Lisa Boykin this 45 year old woman in Georgia comes up...could it be who you are looking for?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=67444675

JimShine

Access is not that hard to come by. Most debt collection agencies have the same information available to barely over minimum wage employees. My brother used to manage a call center and they had to keep an eye on people as it was not uncommon for scammers to send their girlfriends/wives to work at these places to phish info.

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

69charger2002

no. part of the scam was they were in savannah at his dad's and he didn't have any pics.. another red flag i know i know. hindsight is 20/20
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

dads_69

Damn Travis, that is not good. Karma though still rules. let the FBI handle whatever they can also, don't get yourself tossed in jail for something that can be re-couped, meaning $$. Been down the same road myself twice, '68 charger for $4600.00 stolen car I bought, long story. I got screwed in the end as well. My first '72 Dart here 12 years ago was stolen from my work, while looked up inside a security building! 340 Motor/trans dual scoop hood and rallye wheels gone. I was sickend. I never found out who did it, but it had to be someone from work, but never found out who to this day. Damn, just re-reading your topic burns me, I feel for you Travis, man if I was there and you and I caught the people, ha, well no comment.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Good luck brother.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

RallyeMike

Bummer.

Forget God and Karma. Don't rest until you get your money back and expose these people as the scumbags that they are. Your stupidity can be atoned for if you save the next guy down the line that these people are lining up to screw. Turn your mistake into something positive!!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Todd Wilson

Wanna buy another charger?  PM me for my address so you can send cash!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

bull

That sux, Trav. Just remind your wife how much money you're ahead on all these Mopar deals and she'll feel better. I wish I had something in the way of help to offer but I don't other than to say don't give up on it. Every hobby has it's problems and I think you've been very fortunate thus far considering the sheer volume of cars you've bought and sold. Just chalk it up as a "live and learn" event and be more careful next time, you know, roll with the punches. I tend to be too cautious and being confident with risks explains why you have a dozen or more Chargers and I only have one. Hey, it could have been a lot worse. It'll work out.

68chrgrwife

Trav...Sorry you got burned buddy...I really hope that you find these people and get the cars or your money back...good luck
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

The70RT

Quote from: bull on May 01, 2008, 12:53:53 AM
That sux, Trav. Just remind your wife how much money you're ahead on all these Mopar deals and she'll feel better. I wish I had something in the way of help to offer but I don't other than to say don't give up on it. Every hobby has it's problems and I think you've been very fortunate thus far considering the sheer volume of cars you've bought and sold. Just chalk it up as a "live and learn" event and be more careful next time, you know, roll with the punches. I tend to be too cautious and being confident with risks explains why you have a dozen or more Chargers and I only have one. Hey, it could have been a lot worse. It'll work out.

I totaly agree with bull :yesnod:  Good luck on finding the bastards. It seems like Craigslist is full of scammers. I flag a dozen daily. I wonder who else fell for their trap. The story is a common one saying this deal wont last long and they list in other town other than their own..big red flag.....especially when the property isn't with them and they can't show proof. I always tell them I have someone in the area to check it out and if they don't contact you back then you know whats up. I probably missed a lot of killer deals being a sceptic.....but never got scammed so maybe for the better. Like we all say if it is too good to be true then you know the rest. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Kid

Sorry to hear about that Trav. Hope you get it all figured out.

Just FYI, here's a link to a bunch of public record sites for South Carolina. They are divided up by county and MOST of the time you can cross check addresses with their current/registered owners. It tends to be more accurate than the White Pages or 411. Here's the link; http://www.brbpub.com/freeresources/pubrecsitesSearch.aspx?subcat=State%2c+County%2c+and+City+Sites&st=South%20Carolina. Good luck :cheers: !

CB

Wow Trav, sorry to hear you got burned by those scammers.
No way you deserve the way they've treated you!!  :icon_smile_dissapprove::
I really do hope you can recoup the money some how.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

nh_mopar_fan

Old Moparz

For every scumbag that burns somebody out of money, there are still a lot more good decent people that are in the hobby & almost go unoticed. It sucks that you got burned, but don't lose faith in others in the hobby, just use more caution from now on.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Goodz

I think every good person gets burned at one point or another.  Just like any other obstacle in life, it builds character.  So what kind of person are you?  Are you the kind that doesnt trust anyone ever again because of this?  Or are you the kind that learns from a mistake and moves on, smarter and wiser for the lesson learned?  I think you are the latter.

Being happy on the good days is easy.  It's how you deal with the bad days that defines you as a person.  Keep your chin up, bud.   :cheers:
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

Charger_Fan

Damn Trav, my heart sank when I opened & read your post. Bull pretty much stated what was going through my mind, as I read your story...you've been blessed up to this point with your car deals & you've amassed a collection that most of us can only dream about. Don't let this A-hole make you throw in the towel. :-\

I hope some of the great sounding leads that have been posted here allow you to get your money (even some of it) back & land these two jerks in jail! If you end up with the trail going cold, maybe use an alternate e-mail yourself & sorta reverse-scam them...troll the boards for similar sounding deals & see if you can find them again, then reward them with jail time instead of cash. :icon_smile_big:
You know damn well that this won't be the last time they try this scam, if they found it to work once, they WILL try it again...because of the friggin' greedy, crack dependent (or something) idiots they are. It's only a matter of time.

I hope things work out well for you in the end. :pity:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69*F5*SE

Very sorry this has happened to you. I hope you can use the information that you have to nail them somehow. Good luck.

TUFCAT

I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS!!

You can get TONS OF INFORMATION if you know where to look. Here's a quick example.

Wife was driving to work one morning and got rear ended (very light damage). She got out and attempted to exchange info with the other driver.

For some reason, after writing down his info, the other driver freaks out, tears the page out of her planner, and leaves!!  Luckilly, wife was able to pencil rub the blank page underneath to reveal the license plate number.

I call a buddy who investigates insurance claim scams for a living. Within 10 minutes (using the plate number), I had the birthdate, SS#, VIN number, drivers license number, wife's name and ss#, all known addresses and phone numbers, neighbors names and phone numbers, and financial information including how much he owed on his vehicles, credit cards, home mortgage, and bank account numbers!!! All within 10 minutes!!

Naturally, I immediately called him (recited some of his personal information) then invited him to meet us at the police station at 6:00pm that evening.  Of course He didn't show up.  The police got him about a hour later.

SCREW the FBI - - Get a private investigator!!  Give them everything you have. There's no prefect crime. Something will trace back!

I really hope you get the RAT BASTARDS who did this to you!!