News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a '66 Belvedere Wagon...WIW??

Started by Manfred318, May 03, 2008, 03:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred318

Heres the story...
I ran in to a feller I went to highschool with at a car show about 2 weeks ago. He asked me if I would be interested in a 440 to put in the Charger. I said I already had one but I would always be interested in one. I asked him what it had come out of and he said nothing yet its still in the car. He proceded to tell me about how his dad had a '66 440 Belvedere Wagon thats been siting under a carport for years and they cant seem to get rid of it. He told me to come by and take a look, so I went by there this afternoon and snagged a few pics. It turned out to be what appears to be a 383. Which is fine by me. They never put a 440 in a Belvedere wagon from the factory did they? He said it does run but will need some fresh gas and a tune up. No problem there. There was NO rust except for in the bottom corner of the pass side door. The interior was all complete except for the two pannels that cover the rear wheel wells. As you will see in the pics the paint is bad and it is missing the piece of chrome trin on the back door on the drivers side. I was told his dad wanted $1000 but he would take about any offer to get it out of the way. So what do you guys think?? Would it be worth my time and effort??

For your viewing pleasure:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

472 R/T SE

Wagons are cool, the minivans of their era.  I had one several years, paid $1800 for it and sold it a couple years later for what I had in it.  It was a 383, 9 passenger car.  I always wanted to put a .509 cammed motor I had in it and race it.  For a while I tossed around the idea of riding my Banshee up on top to haul it around.  After all they put luggage rack's up there when new so they were structurally good for some weight.

Lots of stuff that's specific for wagons, like tail lights.  I think I paid like $300 for a near NOS set.  There's a following that's unique for wagons, that's for sure.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Manfred318

He called me back not too long after I left, and said if I wanted it for $750 I could have it. Now where to come up with the cash?? :ahum:

Current MoPars:

rt green

make payments if you have to.it's  probably not going anywhere. make it a draggin wagon
third string oil changer

Old Moparz

$750 sounds okay, but I'd want to hear it run first.

I had to read this thread because I had a '66 Belvedere wagon, but with a 318. It was the exact same light green too.  :lol:  I paid $150 for it, drove it for about 6 months until the trans went, then sold it for $100 to a guy who wanted it for the A/C set up & the nose for his GTX.

One place to look for rust is the spare tire well in the back. If there is rust, you may get exhaust fumes inside the passenger compartment.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bmoparmofo

My parents had a 66 belvedere wagon as well when I was a kid, It was a 318 car, black,kids I went to elementary school with thought it looked like a hearse :slap: . Cool car, it was supposed to be mine when I turned 16.They sold it off before then though :rotz: .
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Death1970Proof

Looks like it would be worth $750 easily!! I noticed your tag says north carolina, where at?? Im from NC as well. Going to the farmington mopar show next weekend?
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Manfred318

Quote from: Death1970Proof on May 04, 2008, 09:38:46 PM
Looks like it would be worth $750 easily!! I noticed your tag says north carolina, where at?? Im from NC as well. Going to the farmington mopar show next weekend?
Hopefully I will be able to scratch up the funds. I might take out an advance on my credit card, since I have a pretty low intrest rate.
I'm in Asheboro. I wish I could make it to the Farmington show next weekend. One of these days I will be able to go. Where are you in NC?

Current MoPars:

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Manfred318 on May 04, 2008, 09:58:44 PM
Quote from: Death1970Proof on May 04, 2008, 09:38:46 PM
Hopefully I will be able to scratch up the funds. I might take out an advance on my credit card, since I have a pretty low intrest rate.
I'm in Asheboro. I wish I could make it to the Farmington show next weekend. One of these days I will be able to go. Where are you in NC?

Wilkes county, ya'll come back now -ya hear!! I dont even know if I'll have the $$ or not...that tax check isnt gonna get here quick enough!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

TheGhost

It's hard to go wrong with a complete big block Mopar for under 1k.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bmoparmofo

I think it would have to be worth that at least, I like it :2thumbs:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

PocketThunder

thats exactly what i need with baby #3 on the way!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dpm68

sunroofsuperbird

Im not far from ashboro if you dont want it or can,t come up with money I would be interested. You have to go to Farmington thats the best show ever other than carslye.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Manfred318

Things are looking up :2thumbs: I was offered my old job back at Energizer tonite. They told me I could come back any day this week. Its gonna be 3rd shift but at $8.45/hr I cant really complain. Its better than the nothing/hr Im making now. I also found out today I should be gettin my Uncle Sam Economy Stimuli Check (or what ever it is they call it now) by the end of the 3rd week of this month. :boogie: So I think I shall call him tomorow and tell him that I shall be buying his Wagon afterall. Im so happy I could shit myself :boogie: :boogie:

Current MoPars:

Red Ram

Road trip!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1Gu4oUzJI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1Gu4oUzJI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

PocketThunder

Quote from: Red Ram on May 06, 2008, 02:44:10 AM
Road trip!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1Gu4oUzJI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1Gu4oUzJI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That was funny!   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Manfred318

Road trip!!!!

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Current MoPars:

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Manfred318 on May 06, 2008, 12:04:24 PM
Road trip!!!!

:smilielol: :smilielol:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

The Kid

Road trip!!!!

HAHA :rofl: !