News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Think this is worth $1500?

Started by C_stripes, April 30, 2008, 07:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

1970 sport fury with a 318 rust free. Runs but needs a muffler.

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dkn1997

would be the best 15 hundo you ever spent!
RECHRGED

Chatt69chgr

They will never make a car like that again.  It probably weighs over 5000 pounds.  In scrap metal alone it's worth $500.  Buy it and preserve it.  Locate any parts you might need immediately.  No telling what something like that will be worth 20 years from now when everyone is driving crappy little asian econoboxes grocery getters and motorscooters.

mikesbbody

tan top

:yesnod:    that looks  real straight   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Death1970Proof

Why havent you done bought it!!? Id rock that thing out gansta style with some mags yo  :icon_smile_big: O0 :apimp:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

BlaineKaiser450

1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

Boy Racer

Four words for you:

D

O

N

K

:icon_smile_big:

Lift it and put on some 24" inch chromies... P-I-M-P!!!
'67 Charger: 383 4BBL, 4-spd (on da' floor), ZZ1 Exterior, S6X Interior
Currently accepting quotes for restoration services!

Kevin68N71

Well let's put it all out on the table.

You've got somewhere around 230 hp 318.  Since you need a muffler, I would go with dual pipes.  That 318 is extremely strong and will go 200,000+ miles easy, I know of two that have.

You have a big, comfortable car.  That interior cloth may still be available if it's needed.  It's a nice color, the white top is easy to replace.  Not quite sure but it looks like you might have A/C too.  You've got a big trunk and a decent back seat.  This is the kind of car to cruise across the country in.

You likely have the 727 auto in that which is a great transmission.  The other writer that mentioned these are going away is right, people have scrapped them or let them rust or just got rid of them.  This is why wagons are on the increase in value, something I said for years and was laughed at until recently.

Plus it's the Sport Fury model.  I like the concealed headlights.

On the downside, if it has been sitting awhile or has high miles, be prepared for replacing pumps, battery, radiator possibly cored, transmission filter r/r etc.

Even with that said, this is one of those deals that you get some real value out of.  The car is simply worth $1500.  A Road Runner is not worth $60,000, I don't care what engine it has.  Right now, and I am being quite frank, for people making $30,000 to $70,000 a year, most 68-71 Mopars are simply not worth the price, unless you are really hung up on it, sentimental reasons, or you are "moving up", leveraging profits from previous cars.  I know I say this at the risk of offending people, but a Road Runner with a 440 in it is not likely going to give you twice as much pleasure as a big block Corvette that costs 1/2 as much.  I know this is just my ranting opinion, but Mopars years ago surpassed the pleasure for dollar paid mark.  This is why the Challenger is such a hit....you're buying a NEW Hemi Challenger, with no hidden rust no farted-in seats with an all new drive train for a fraction of the cost of an old one.  That again, is VALUE.

You're purchasing something that is WORTH what you are paying in the dividends it will pay YOU.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

RD

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on April 30, 2008, 09:10:39 PM
Well let's put it all out on the table.

You've got somewhere around 230 hp 318. Since you need a muffler, I would go with dual pipes. That 318 is extremely strong and will go 200,000+ miles easy, I know of two that have.

You have a big, comfortable car. That interior cloth may still be available if it's needed. It's a nice color, the white top is easy to replace. Not quite sure but it looks like you might have A/C too. You've got a big trunk and a decent back seat. This is the kind of car to cruise across the country in.

You likely have the 727 auto in that which is a great transmission. The other writer that mentioned these are going away is right, people have scrapped them or let them rust or just got rid of them. This is why wagons are on the increase in value, something I said for years and was laughed at until recently.

Plus it's the Sport Fury model. I like the concealed headlights.

On the downside, if it has been sitting awhile or has high miles, be prepared for replacing pumps, battery, radiator possibly cored, transmission filter r/r etc.

Even with that said, this is one of those deals that you get some real value out of. The car is simply worth $1500. A Road Runner is not worth $60,000, I don't care what engine it has. Right now, and I am being quite frank, for people making $30,000 to $70,000 a year, most 68-71 Mopars are simply not worth the price, unless you are really hung up on it, sentimental reasons, or you are "moving up", leveraging profits from previous cars. I know I say this at the risk of offending people, but a Road Runner with a 440 in it is not likely going to give you twice as much pleasure as a big block Corvette that costs 1/2 as much. I know this is just my ranting opinion, but Mopars years ago surpassed the pleasure for dollar paid mark. This is why the Challenger is such a hit....you're buying a NEW Hemi Challenger, with no hidden rust no farted-in seats with an all new drive train for a fraction of the cost of an old one. That again, is VALUE.

You're purchasing something that is WORTH what you are paying in the dividends it will pay YOU.

wow... and I was just going to say buy the damn thing or your a moron :D hehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

C_stripes

I'm working on it.  I'll let you know.  I need something to take to LA when I move there. I think I would look good in that thing.

Old Moparz

Quote from: C_stripes on April 30, 2008, 09:35:40 PM
I'm working on it.  I'll let you know.  I need something to take to LA when I move there. I think I would look good in that thing.

You could move everything you have in it to LA.   :lol:  Awesome car for $1500.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

dpm68

pettyfan43

I'd buy it and stick my Cop car wheels on there!!!

MoParMetal

if you don't want it. ill take it!
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Magnumcharger

I agree with all of the above.
Especially the part about the farted-on seats.  :lol:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Charger_Fan

You don't know how close I came to snagging that car. Aside from possibly flipping it though, I don't have any room to park it & keep it. :-\
The first time the guy made an ad, it was marked sold a few hours later...I thought to myself that someone got a sweet looking deal. He re-listed it because of a no-show buyer. ::)
Go snag it, before I change my mind! :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TeeWJay426

I'd pay that for it.... happily!!! Have you done it yet?
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

C_stripes

I'll hopefully have the money today and go get it on saturday. I have been emailing him back and forth.

Blown70

NICE I would pick one up in a heart beat!!!  You could move your whole house to CALI.... in that... :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Hell to the yeah it's worth it.

TheGhost

Quote from: Boy Racer on April 30, 2008, 09:08:01 PM
Four words for you:

D

O

N

K

:icon_smile_big:

Lift it and put on some 24" inch chromies... P-I-M-P!!!

No.  Donks are for idiot rapper wannabes, and drug dealers.  Also, that's four letters, not words.

As for is it worth it?

HELL YES.

If you don't want it, I know of quite a few people who would.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

C_stripes

Well.  It looks as if I am going to go pick it up this week end.  I am getting excited.  I will let you all know how it goes.

mikepmcs

I agree with all the above.  MINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?