News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Brakes

Started by dd44068, May 02, 2008, 09:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd44068

I need a little help. The other day I had to replace the brake wheel cylinder on the rear of the charger, In the process a spring broke. Now here is my question. The spring that I broke ran across the bottom and held the 2 shoes together, it ran paralell with the adjuster. I tried to find this spring but no luck I checked the servise manual and it does not show a spring that runs in that location.  Does anybody know thw name of that spring or a part # and is that the correct location for that spring? Thanks in advance Dom

CHARGERMAN2007_69

if you have an picture of the spring or where it goes i would know more with the pic
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

resq302

you should be able to pick up replacement springs in a brake hardware kit at any local auto parts stores.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mikepmcs

Maybe this will help as far as location, and like Brian said.  I'd try Napa first as they seem to have some difficult to find stuff

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/brake/2.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dd44068

Thanks alot the spring that I am looking for is the star wheel lock spring