News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, people. Fire away! Run you car on water invention

Started by bull, April 30, 2008, 03:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

C_stripes

There used to be another set up called the GEET system (if I remember correctly). My Dad told me about it and saw a truck run on it. The truck was a 454 power chevy and the guy fired it up and drove around. It had custom made carb on it too.  I belive it is possable.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RD

i am not sure.. if its so awesome... why arent all the news agencies running it, why arent more people doing it...  i dont know if this is to be filed under "too good to be true" or not...but man... I would buy it for that cheap and install it on all my cars today if it is as good as they say it is.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dodgecharger-fan

Biggest concern is rust.

The book recommends swapping out your valves for stainless steel valves and using a water compatible corrosion inhibitor - which the book hints at being near release...
The other problem where rust is concerned is your exhaust system - let your current system tust away and then replace it with a stainless steel system - and think about a ceramic coating for exhaust manifolds/headers.

Then there's cold weather. isopropyl alcohol  mixed into the water will help keep it from freezing, but then you have to tune the system because the alcohol will change the dielectric properties of the water.

And don't forget to flush the system to clean out any mineral deposits.. CLR should do the trick.

Of course, all of this is only a concern if you build it and it actually works.

Everything is built from scratch.
If this took off in a big way, there's a good cottage industry building the main components for kits.
We're talking toroid coils, circuit boards, etc... not terribly difficult to do, but scares most people off.

yes, I bought the ebook. I was curious enough to fork over the dough. And, as I tend to do with magazines, I started at the back and read up - the maintenance section is at the end. That's where I got all of the above info.

bull

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on April 30, 2008, 04:09:21 PM

Then there's cold weather. isopropyl alcohol  mixed into the water will help keep it from freezing, but then you have to tune the system because the alcohol will change the dielectric properties of the water.

Then you have to buy solar powered heat wrap for the tank and hose. ;D Anyway, sounds like the system has potential. :shruggy:

dkn1997

RECHRGED

pettyfan43

How the H E double Hockey sticks do you end up with a 56 Day WARRANTY??  Where does THAT figure make SENSE?

I'd LOVE to hear from someone that has used this deal for a year or two!!!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ramit

Sounds interesting....if it actually works.   Does that mean that we will be paying alot more for water pretty soon? :icon_smile_big:

1carcrazyguy

1969chargerrtse

Are you guys serious?   Come on.  Bye bye  $60.00   :flush:   :image_294343:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

0X01B8

sounds like a good Mythbusters segment.  they've bought plans for contraptions off the net, built and tested them, and, well ... they never work.

RD

Quote from: 0X01B8 on May 02, 2008, 03:29:36 PM
sounds like a good Mythbusters segment. they've bought plans for contraptions off the net, built and tested them, and, well ... they never work.

they did get the pontiac gran prix to run off of hydrogen gas being ran straight into the carburetor though.. well until, it backfired *phooommmm went the flames*
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twenty mike mike

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 30, 2008, 07:26:14 PM
How the H E double Hockey sticks do you end up with a 56 Day WARRANTY??  Where does THAT figure make SENSE?

It's an octal number, probably to attract the older computer nerds.

68charger383

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 30, 2008, 07:26:14 PM

I'd LOVE to hear from someone that has used this deal for a year or two!!!

The warranty is based on the fact that no car has made it past 57 days running on this stuff.  :rofl:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10