News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with right turn signal (74 charger)

Started by Savage6, April 30, 2008, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage6

My left turn signal works fine in both the back and front but my right signal is not.  The front yellow bulb is barely blinking and the back is not working at all... I was wondering if anyone has any ideas..  If it is a bad ground or bad wire or maybe something else.. I was going to check the ground first but I'm not exactly sure where it is in that front bulb... Thanks guys....

myk

On 2nd 'gens like mine the front turn signals are grounded to the body, and alot of times dirt and corrosion can interfere with the grounding.  Definitely check yours to see if it is grounded to the body and make sure there's solid metal to metal contact.  As for the right rear...have you checked the bulb?

Savage6

thanks MYK.. Ill check to see if I can find the body ground up front and I'll check to see if I'm using the right bulbs in the rear. 

Paul G

If all your grounds are good, check all your electrical plug connections. There are some wire harness plugs behind the rear license plate. You could have a dirty or loose plug somewhere which would act like a burnt out bulb. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Savage6

Thanks for all the help guys... It was a single filament bulb in a double filament socket.. as soon as i changed it everything worked fine..including the dome light....