News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need a little info please

Started by onebadmopar, May 17, 2008, 09:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

today or tomorrow is the 1st time to fire up my 383 in my 69 charger  it has the 727 automatic wich we changed the filter in it so how many quarts should we expcet to add ......also i bought the compcam break in oil additive... can i use a good quality oil with this for break in or do you guys suggest  another type ..whats agood weight for break in  the motor has sat for 6 months so i hope this wont be a factor it has a brand new tank in it so its gonna take a few for fuel to reach the carb ive heard it isnt good to crank the motor to much during break in  but also heard not a good idea to pour fuel down carb ...... what do i need to do .. im sure to some these may be dumb questions just trying to take every precaution so we dont hurt the motor been waiting 8 years for this dont want it all going up in smoke  thanks

firefighter3931

This was just discussed recently :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43941.0.html

Follow Bob's procedure to the "T" and you'll be good to go.  :2thumbs:

Fill the bowls on the carb with fuel....this will avoid excessive cranking to prime the fuel pump. You don't want to wipe the lube off the cam trying to fire the engine !  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs