News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Challenger frontfender problem

Started by ChargerSG, October 13, 2005, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Does anybody know where to buy a repro front fender(in metal) have looked everywhere after it but just found fiber stuff. I want to buy new not buy some used one that needs work(or that someone ask $400 for). Everything else can be bought in newmade metalbodyparts but not a frontfender????

Thanks Stefan
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Old Moparz

Fenders are supposed to be coming from Goodmark Industries, but I don't know if a release date is set. They did the full quarters & are supposed to do other cars as well.

http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/New%20Products.htm
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChargerSG

Great thanks, have been looking for them a long time now.... :2thumbs:

Vainglory, Esq.

Somebody on Moparts posted a picture of the Goodmark prototype pressings.  They look pretty good, and they better be since they'll be the only ones on the market.

4cruzin

I agree!!  They are coming!!  I think the barracuda one will be out first though . . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

Front fenders aren't being reproduced yet and if you'd better have deep pockets if you want any decent used body parts for a 70 Challenger. Cudas and Challengers are probably the most expensive at this time when it comes to buying parts. Have you looked on http://www.cuda-challenger.com?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

chargervert

The Cuda fenders are nearing realease,I think we may see them by the begining of the new year.I havent heard any time frame on the Challenger fenders.Goodmark was dissapointed in the sales of the Challenger quarters! there are still poeple that are being too cheap to anti up the bargain basement price of $585.00,for a acurate,correct fitting,full NOS style quarter panel!!!!!!I paid $7000.00 for the NOS Challenger convertible quarters that I bought!!!!$585.00 is a real bargain!!!!!I cannot belive that people were complaining about the price of those panels,and buying those pieces of shit panels that dont fit right for $199.00!!!!I hope the Cuda fenders sell better,or we may never see the Challenger fenders,or any other full quarter panels for the other Mopars!!!!

hotrod98

Goodmark was disappointed in the sales of the challenger hoods as well.
Full quarters for new cars cost more than $585 in many cases. I think that's cheap for nice sheetmetal. It's just that there's a lot of cheap bastards out there.
ChargerSG...It's not that difficult to convert 72 to 74 fenders to fit 70 and 71's. Just use the marker lamp area from an old fender or buy a patch panel for a rear quarter panel for the marker lamp opening. Any decent body shop can do it in a couple of hours. There's one notch that needs to be filled in the panel above the headlamps as well. The 72-74 fenders are a little easier to find.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

ChargerSG

The problem with that Hotrod is that its rotten and dent by the lamp opening, otherwise i would have bought a 72-74 and done it yesterday;) Now im thinking to cut out the bad and build a new piece, gonna take time like hell but its only way if they dont realease them... Im not paying $400(and shipping) on a used fender.

hotrod98

It might be a while before you see the new challenger fenders.
Unfortunately, people aren't willing to let go of their used parts since they're getting so hard to find.
I'm kind of guilty of that myself. I keep an extra cuda grille of each style and extra challenger grilles as well. That way I'm covered if I wreck one of my cars.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

ChargerSG

Thats good thinking, ive done it myself i must confess have extra grill(but not headlightbezels) and stuff, but no fenders grrr;) I think the only way is to go from novis to master in metalwork;)

chargervert

I went and bought a pair of the new repro Challenger quarters as soon as they came out,and I put them on the ground,next to the NOS convertible panels,and I compared the panels,and I was impressed with the quality,and correctness of the Goodmark quarters!I am going to cut them down,and step them for my wifes convert,and sell the NOS ones to someone with a Hemi,or Sixpack convert!Goodmark,has no plans to make convertible quarter panels for E bodies.I offered to let them template my NOS panels,providing they would insure them,and return them to me in the same condition,but they said there in not enough market for the convertible panels.I have 5 68-70 Chargers,and would like to see full panels for those cars also! I know that if they do offer them,I won't hesitate to buy several pairs!I paid $2500.00,for a pair of 69 Charger cutoffs from California,for my 69 Charger 500(that now has a Daytona nose,and wing on it)I have a 71 340 Cuda hardtop,and when those fenders come out,I'm buying two pairs of fenders,and two pairs of quarters for that car!The Cuda full quarters are supposed to be the next full quarter panels realsed by Goodmark,followed by 68-69 Road Runner quarter panels,then 68-70 Charger quarter panels!If they do come out,I will be ordering up,enough for my cars,and some spares to put on the shelf,in case they discontinue them if they dont sell well!

chargervert

I heard today that the Cuda rear quarters should be available by spring,and the Cuda fenders are ready to be realsed any day now!I havent heard anything about the Challenger fenders yet!

ChargerSG

I do wich that those Challengerfenders is realeased soon, then i would buy 4 fenders right away....

ChargerSG

A guy told me that the Challengerfrontfender is out in Januari 06 but its gonna cost allot:-\ Anyone heard any diffrent?