News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front drum replacement

Started by tommymac, April 24, 2008, 09:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommymac

How do you change the front drumbrake hub on to a new drum.Are the rear and front drums the same,execpt the hubs and lugs? I have some nos drums I want to use for now,they look just like I see online for front drum replacements. Also measure the same.

Ghoste

The front and rear drums are not the same.  In order to remove the front, you'll have to remove the little dust cap.  The take out the cotter pin and the adjusting nut followed by the front wheel bearing and the hub should slide off.

tommymac

OK That is not what I mean,I want to remove the DRUM from the bering hub,like press or hammer it off. anybody?

tommymac

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC the drum is swedged  to the hub & has to be pressed off & re swedged with a special tool
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

myk

tommymac

maybe next year as of now I've replaced everything but the master clyinder and I still have partial brakes ,Musshy to the bottom. Every time I get a re con master the threads are worn on one or the other  of the output lines ,I'm thinking of a rebuild kit for the one I have,what do you think?

Goodz

Yeah, the front drums suck ass!  I got the front disc brake conversion kit put in as soon as I got the car.  I am not dealing with that nightmare over and over again through the years.
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

tommymac

What brand and how much work and money?

Goodz

I got it from Jegs.  I didn't put them on, had a mechanic do them, but they said it was easy...

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/630220/10002/-1

If you have any questions, call JEGS.  They are very friendly and always willing to help.  1-800-345-4545.  Hope this helps you.
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

tommymac

Goodz