News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there something missing here?

Started by cpthowdy1369, May 04, 2008, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpthowdy1369

Is there supposed to be something that acts as a fulcrum for the parking brake lever?  When the parking brake pedal is pushed,  the parking brake lever does not move out to push the brake shoe out,  it has nothing stationary to act as a fulcrum to pull the bottom and push the top.  is there something missing?  This is on the right (passenger side)rear of a 69 charger.
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

cpthowdy1369

I looked around a little and found out there are supposed to be a strut arm that holds onto the parking brake lever,  is that right?
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Shakey

I posted a bunch of photos of the rear brake set up on this site about year ago.

RallyeMike

You are missing the bar that fits between the front and rear shoes horizontally. It mounts just above the axle and fits in those notches. There is also a spring that goes on it to keep it from rattling around. Any old Mopar service manual picture will show you what it looks like.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/