News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pushrod Clearance

Started by 73ChargerSE, April 24, 2008, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Got around to installing my roller rockers yesterday.  I noticed that a couple of the pushrods are against the intake runners.  Is this normal?  What can I do to fix this.  I've got spacers that came with my rockers.  Time to utilize those?

Thanks
Paul

chargerbr549

I'm not sure what engine and rocker set-up you have but on my 440 with crane gold roller rockers and 3/8 pushrods I had to grind on the head to get clearance for my pushrods so they wouldn't hit the head. You might be able to goto a smaller high strength pushrod for clearance.

Kevin

firefighter3931

Paul make sure the rollers are centered over the valve tips....that is what the spacers are for.  :yesnod:

What engine are we talking about here ? Head casting ? Pushrod diameter ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

73ChargerSE

Well the rollers are centered.  They're the 3/8 diameter I believe.  Heads are the 440source Stealth heads on a 400.