News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does the sail-panel part of the headliner mount?

Started by Corellian Corvette, April 25, 2008, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I'm working on my headliner install (68 Charger) and it's going well so far. One thing I'm not sure about is how the rear part of the headliner mounts to the sail panels.
:shruggy:

There are cardboard panels that are mounted to the rear inside, and there is a metal "lip" that sticks up from the rear package tray. Are the cardboard panels supposed to go IN FRONT of that lip, or behind?

does the headliner just glue directly to the cardboard? Should there be any padding there? Do you glue the headliner to that metal lip?

Just wanted to get it all thought through before I started gluing. Thanks!

Charger-Bodie

the card pboard sail boards are independant of the h/liner , the just fasten to the sail panel with either clips or a little nail like fastener.

The headliner does glue to the metal strip on the speaker shelf , thats the trick area of the headliner so stay calm and take youre time.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............