News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

worried about break in

Started by onebadmopar, April 23, 2008, 11:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

hey guys im about a week out from firing my 383 up for the first time after rebuild thing is im readin all this stuff about oil and wiped out cams so i do plan on finding that gm additive people are talking about 1st question is do you use the additive at every oil change or just initial break in ? also the motor was rebuilt way back in october and sat  till now is this gonna be a factor sitting so long with no oil in it ? any precations i should take  i didint build the bottom end had it done at local machine shop not sure what cam pistons went in all i know is they had to bore it 30 over ......my mechanic built a motor a 360 i had told him about the oil subect thats been posted here he said hogwash and used regualr oil and you guessed it wiped cam out almost imediatley i sure domt want this happening to me so any input or advice would be appreciated

myk

Pre-oil, pre-oil, pre-oil:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33064.0.html

Wait a minute, if you have a mechanic just let him do the start-up...