News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so my laptop battery kicked the bucket...

Started by Foreman72, April 25, 2011, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

I have a great dell 1545 laptop that i have been using for the last 2 years.  I can count on one hand the number of problems i have had with it, thats how good its been.  However, recently i discovered that the battery is dead dead.  The laptop is out of warranty and a new battery from dell is around $200.  So does anyone have any suggestions/sites to avoid when purchasing an aftermarket battery?  Thanks!  :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Foreman72 on April 25, 2011, 09:14:51 AM
I have a great dell 1545 laptop that i have been using for the last 2 years.  I can count on one hand the number of problems i have had with it, thats how good its been.    :2thumbs:

I can remember when you could go longer then 2 years without having a computer problem......................

Try here for batteries..............sometimes they have good deals.

http://batteriesamerica.com/

Todd

FLG

Ebay or Newegg,

Its a bit of a toss when it comes to aftermarket batteries in terms of quality, but ive had good luck so far.

Just dont get the cheapest you can find, get something in the 40-60$ range

A383Wing

68 CHARGER R/T

i used these guys . no complaints for a few bucks more it's better to get the lithium battery , lasts longer     .  rob

http://www.battdepot.ca/

Foreman72

I ended up going with a battery from a company called SIB off of amazon.  Battery was shipped and after a full cycle of complete charge and complete discharge the battery was calibrated and has been working fine since.  It cost me $30 and comes with a 1 yr warranty.  Hopefully I wont have any problems with it down the road. thanks guys  :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

451-74Charger

I bought from these people off ebay. 9cell battery lasts on my modded Inspiron 1505 over 5 hours. Excellent customer service and fast shipping.

http://shop.ebay.com/laptops-home/m.html?_nkw=&_sacat=0&_odkw=Dell+1545&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313