News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vanishing Point Revisited...Oh Mango & the new SRT8

Started by Wango Mango, April 22, 2008, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wango Mango

Ron & Steve, thought I'd update you on our photo shoot/ article w/ the new SRT8 Challenger.  Rich Truesdell, editor of Musclecar Enthusiast & Automotive Traveler.com just arrived in Denver w/ the new Chally & Holly flew in this AM to drive the Hemi thru Colorado & Utah alongside the new car.  Here's one link that Rich frequently updates & there's also a post on Moparts.com in the General topic section.   Just restored & installed an AM 8 track that plays great. Put Wilwoods on the front & got it all tuned for the 1500 mile ride.  Hope all is well w/ you.  We're doing a photo shoot in Vegas w/ Holly's Charger, too.  Will send pics soon.    Here's a couple of links  www.automotivetraveler.com       
http://cardomainblog.typepad.com/blog/2008/04/vanishing-poi-2.html
Take care, buzz.

dpm68

Wango Mango

Quote from: dpm68 on April 22, 2008, 09:55:40 PM
Wow - girls sure make race tracks prettier.
sure do!  That's Chris Hoskin's wife doing the starts on the USS Midway where we got to do burnouts for Fox News.  She's a great lady & wasn't afraid of smoke!.  Check out www.musclecar1000.com 

Charger_Fan

COOL!! He's bringing it through Salt Lake tomorrow from noon to 4! :boogie:
Looks like the local Mopar club is ALL OVER IT, I think I'd better bring my camera to work tomorrow & take a long lunch! :icon_smile_cool:
I hope it doesn't snow, like the weather guesser is predicting. :'(

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

Well, I got to see this new Chally today. :2thumbs:
Pretty darn cool to FINALLY be able to see this car in the flesh, after the years of hype!

6.1 Liters of sweet HEMI!

There was also a UHP MagnaCharger there, with a 5.7 HEMI under the hood...

...a SUPERCHARGED HEMI, that is! :drool5:

Side by side with the flashies on.

Then the new Chally pulled forward, to let some REAL muscle into the bay. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

mikesbbody

Wango Mango

Silver & black is stealthy, but how about white?...

firefighter3931

Hey Buzz, thanks for the links...looks like you guys had a blast.  :2thumbs:

How much fuel did Go Mango burn on that little tour ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Wango Mango

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 02, 2008, 08:42:27 AM
Hey Buzz, thanks for the links...looks like you guys had a blast.  :2thumbs:

How much fuel did Go Mango burn on that little tour ?

Ron
Well, I know The Ram 2500 was close to a grand but surprisingly, Go Mango gets 10-15 mpg if I keep my foot out of it.  Only problem was that never happened!  I think we spent close to $500 on dead dinosaurs for the Hemi.   I'd do it all over again, too.  Hope your CHarger is dong well.   I heard you're racing it on Pinks?  That's fantastic.  Buzz