News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newb W/Some Knowledge

Started by The Kid, April 22, 2008, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kid

Hey all! I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join up. As my name implies, I'm a youngin'. I'm 16 , my name's Andy, and I've been a Mopar fan all my life. It all started with my uncles '68 Charger. I've been hooked on Mopars and especially Chargers ever since.

I've been seriously looking for a decent project car for the better part of a year now. I started out only looking for a '68, then branched out to any 2nd gen, then to any Charger, and at this point any classic Mopar. With prices the way they are, beggars can't be choosers. Even though I don't have a Charger, YET, I have a fair amount of knowledge about Chargers and cars in general. I figuerd that I might as well immerse myself in a buncha Charger nuts like myself.

Currently I have a lead on an old Coronet that I'm going to check out. We'll see how it works out  :cheers: ...

keepat

Hey Kid Welcome! Check Tony's Parts out he has a 69 r/t car no engine or trans for $15,750
http://www.tonysparts.com/CarsForSale.htm
Good luck finding your Mopar!
Pat

RECHRGD

Welcome aboard Kid!!!  What kind of budget are you looking at for the purchase of your project car?  Members here may be able to lead you in the right direction.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

69bronzeT5

Welcome to the site! Another young gun here, I'm 15 :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Chris G.

Quote from: keepat on April 22, 2008, 04:24:44 PM
Hey Kid Welcome! Check Tony's Parts out he has a 69 r/t car no engine or trans for $15,750
http://www.tonysparts.com/CarsForSale.htm

Yikes! Tony doesn't even use the word rust...he goes straight to Rot. The Kid could find something much better for that price. Not all cool cars have to have the "XS" in the VIN.  :Twocents:

RD

welcome Kid,

pm moparguy01.. he is in minnesota and could provide you with some leads.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The Kid

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 22, 2008, 04:43:34 PM
Welcome aboard Kid!!!  What kind of budget are you looking at for the purchase of your project car?  Members here may be able to lead you in the right direction.  Bob

Honestly, not a whole lot in today's market. Right now I'm looking to spend no more than $4k, even that's a stretch. Once scool ends in about a month I'm going to either get a job or start mowing laws. Something to at least get a little money coming in. Hopefully I'll be a lot better off financially by July or August. By the beginning of September, I MIGHT have a $6-7k budget. Even that's not really enough for a decent Charger. Like I said, I've already branched out and stoppd specifically looking for a Charger. It's what I want but just doesn't seem do able considering my lack of funds. Realistically I just hope to pick something up before this winter and have something semi-presentable for Mopars in the Park in June of '09. That's the goal, that's the plan, and that's what I'm shootin' for  :2thumbs: !

ramit

Where in minnesota are you?  I am about 30 miles west of minneapolis.

The Kid

mikesbbody

welcome kid, there are a few young guns here on this site and many are in the same position you are in. Hang in there  :cheers:

69chargerboy

Welcome aboard!  :cheers:   I just turned 30, I thought I was one of the younger members.....well, Guess not.... :bawling:   But Welcome anyway!!!!  :cheers: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

General_01

Welcome Kid. I am in Blaine, MN. Ever make it to the Anoka Cruise Nights?
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The Kid

Quote from: General_01 on April 22, 2008, 08:53:16 PM
Welcome Kid. I am in Blaine, MN. Ever make it to the Anoka Cruise Nights?

Nope, wasn't aware Anoka had a cruise. When/where is it? I'll have to check it out. Usually I'll go to Crazy Days in North Saint Paul. Used to go down to Porkey's alot but it seems to have gone down hill alot in the past few years.

General_01

Every Saturday night in downtown Anoka they block off some side streets and everybody parks and walks around and looks at all the other cars. I have been up there on nights with 500-600 other cars. Most nights it's around 200-300. It runs from late May to September. Very cool. I have only been to the North St. Paul cruise a couple of times. Maybe we will meet up. I'll be driving the Charger Superbee you see in my sig. I also have a General Lee replica, but I am selling that car.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

terrible one

$7k isn't a bad budget. I'll have about 8 or 9 in my car once it's on the road.

4cruzin

Welcome to the site Kid!  Nice place here!  Remember to take your camera when you go look at that car so we all can have a look too!   :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

The Kid

Quote from: General_01 on April 22, 2008, 09:28:32 PM
Every Saturday night in downtown Anoka they block off some side streets and everybody parks and walks around and looks at all the other cars. I have been up there on nights with 500-600 other cars. Most nights it's around 200-300. It runs from late May to September. Very cool. I have only been to the North St. Paul cruise a couple of times. Maybe we will meet up. I'll be driving the Charger Superbee you see in my sig. I also have a General Lee replica, but I am selling that car.
I'll have to head up that way sometime this summer. I'll stop and say hello if I see you :cheers: .