News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW MSD DISTRUBUTOR

Started by daytonalo, November 05, 2006, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

One question about the a new drop in MSD dist .I want to know if a standard stock looking cap will fit on it so it will be more stock appearing . Larry

beedees

Completely different, for a BB anyway. Also., you better like RED. Mine seems to work well....but sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm starting to wish I had gone with the FBO set-up.

daytonalo

Thats what I thought , I rode the short bus , what is fbo ?

dads_69

FBO= Factory Black Original?
Thats just a guess.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Ghoste

It's a performance ignition supplier.  I don't seem to have their web address here anymore but I think it's 4 seconds flat.com or something like that.

Chryco Psycho

I have had problems with both the Pertronics & FBO systems   

Ghoste

What issues have you had with the Pertronix ones Neil?

daytonalo

As far as conversions go , Ive installed  over 20 crane drop in conv with no problem . The crane has a adj rev limiter on the plate and picks up off the stock lobes .In my opinion it makes the pertronix obsolete. I wanted a stock locking new dist that has adj  advance

Chryco Psycho

the ones I have had problems with would not start intermittently

daytonalo

Ghoste

I think he means the Pertronix ones.

Chryco Psycho

Lifsgrt

I'm about to send my distributor to FBO (Fat, Bald, and Old- website is http://www.4secondsflat.com/).  If you guys have had problems with this distributor, please let me know soonest. My MP electronic distributor has too much mechanical advance to run an appropriate amount of initial advance. Thanks
Best time 11.07@121