News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a Musclecar in a corn field, to bad it's not a Mopar though.

Started by TruckDriver, April 19, 2008, 05:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on April 21, 2008, 08:57:20 PM
I like Chevelle's but they are almost as common as Camaro's.

Back in high school a friend of mine had a real nice '69 Chevelle convertible. It was a smallblock car that had a strong 454 and 4 speed put into it. It was supposed to be the fastest car around but one night a Grand National finally beat it.

About 3 years ago my wife worked with a lady and she mentioned her husband had an old Chevelle. I didn't pay much mind to it but a little while later at the age of 52 he died of a sudden heart attack as he was trying on a tux for his daughters wedding. His wife had a lot to deal with and a couple months later she started to ask about selling the car. We went over one night to check it out a give her some advice. When she opened up the garage there sat a 30,000 mile original black 1970 454 LS6.  :o  Turns out her husband bought it at a local used car dealer in 1972 for $1,800 and kept it stored away ever since. She had an idea that it might be worth a little money and a friend had already offered 20K for it.  I explained that was the top Chevelle ever made and she better not sell for that price.  A little while later she made a few calls to some Chevelle clubs.  Needless to say after the bidding war ended she pocketed $70,000.   

Holy Smokes!!  I believe that.   :yesnod:  Good man Ty.

Pete, my old roomate lives in Oconomowoc and he might be interested in that car.   I'll e-mail him tomorrow morning.  He has a 66 SS396 right now.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

Well, there are no guaranty's it is for sale, but the farm is right behind my truck. So if he wants I will point him in the right direction. The hood is so rusted through, when I picked it up to check if there was a cowl tag, I thought it was going to collapse under its own weight :P    I  never seen any hood on any car rusted THAT bad.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BlueSS454

67 SS cars will have a VIN starting with 138.  In finished stated, they fetch just as much $$ as 69-70 SS cars, sometimes more depening on how it's optioned.  The 66-67 cars do have a following just as the 69-70 cars do, you just don't hear about them as much.  That is a shame to see it sitting there in that shape.  It could be fixed, but the average guy wouldn't touch it..... I would though  :yesnod:  In the event I go looking for another chevelle, I'm going for a 66-67.  The 70 I have kinda fell in my lap when I was looking for a Chevelle to do.
Tom Rightler