News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

okay okay... never in my life did I think this would happen, but...

Started by RD, April 13, 2008, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpm68

Very cool car and totally worth keeping as a common dray animal. I love the blue shag carpet!

pettyfan43

Yeah the hood AND the 12 Bolt both scream big block. Not sure if those were an option in 66 though. At one time I had a 73 GMC Sprint (Same thing) and it came with a 454 and a tach dash and the whole SS package bit. Pretty neat, I had a Laguna style nose with the rubber bumper and all but traded it off before I ever got it back on the road. Such is life.  :eyes:

BB1

RD, your playing with evil forces you can't possibly imagine.
Call... I know a good shrink.
Delete my profile

Hemidoug

Throw a stroker 383 and some NOS in it and race it on Pinks..... :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Todd Wilson

Find a Chevy guy and flip it. Too much work there for you RD!

Todd

RD

after more research than I ever thought I would accomplish on a solitary chevy, I have:

1. not found the VIN (anywhere)
2. found out the front clip is from another car (has red paint under the white paint)
3. the 327 is out of a 62 full size car with A/C and was in front of a powerglide
4. the heads are off of a 74/75 350 or 400
5. this is getting to be too much bullhockey!

time to either do something with this car or part it out...  it no longer has that rarity that I was hoping for... may just sell it to some chevy guy... I will have to think on this one for a spell.  If I ever find the damn VIN and find out its exact make up, and its cool, I may just keep it, but that is looking pretty fuzzy right now.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69charger2002

sell it and whatever you make off of it set it to the side for your next MOPAR project!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

PocketThunder

The VIN tag is not on the post in the drivers door next to the hinge? :shruggy:

This should help.   :yesnod:

http://www.chevelles.com/years/66/66facts.htm

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 16, 2008, 11:02:44 PM
The VIN tag is not on the post in the drivers door next to the hinge? :shruggy:

This should help.   :yesnod:

http://www.chevelles.com/years/66/66facts.htm

LOL, i am trying my damndest to get the drivers side door open!  maybe that is why I could not find it.  When I get it open, I will check it, thanks.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

sorry i havent found out any info for you rd, my uncle is in the shop damn near all the time,but ill pick his brain over the weekend,he is going to come over for beers on saturday nite :cheers:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on April 16, 2008, 10:41:05 PM
2. found out the front clip is from another car (has red paint under the white paint)
3. the 327 is out of a 62 full size car with A/C and was in front of a powerglide
4. the heads are off of a 74/75 350 or 400
Sounds like probably three different Chebbies that were being worked on in my high school auto shop, back in the day. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TeeWJay426

Doesn't sound like it is a particularly valuable example, but it is a pretty cool & fun vehicle none the less, so if I were in your position, I would just do a basic rebuild and quickie paint, and drive the living pi$$ out of it.... :drive:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

RD

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 18, 2008, 10:43:56 PM
Doesn't sound like it is a particularly valuable example, but it is a pretty cool & fun vehicle none the less, so if I were in your position, I would just do a basic rebuild and quickie paint, and drive the living pi$$ out of it.... :drive:

actually, call me a blasphemer.. but I am going to pull the drivetrain... rebuild the 327 for my father-in-law (he has a 68 impala that he wants it in). sell the 4 spd and put in a mopar 400, 9.5 to 1 motor with a 727 trans and piss off some chevy guys now.  well... that is an idea... but realistically, it wont happen until the mopes are done :D

nixed that

RD

well, i came to my senses... its being flipped... hemmings has it (on a 1-6, 6 being worse) as a 5 and states the car is worth $3450 in its current condition. so, its time to hit the chevy forums :D muwhahahahahaha

thanks for bringing me back to my senses guys!!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on April 22, 2008, 09:12:55 PM
well, i came to my senses... its being flipped... hemmings has it (on a 1-6, 6 being worse) as a 5 and states the car is worth $3450 in its current condition. so, its time to hit the chevy forums :D muwhahahahahaha

thanks for bringing me back to my senses guys!!!!
saw it on craigs list  good luck hope you get it sold brother
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE