News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got my new custom door panels today! (pics)

Started by 69chargerboy, April 16, 2008, 03:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I just received my door panels for my 69 Charger today from Chris at Online Upholstery And More. They look GREAT! I'm very pleased with the quality and workmanship of these panels. I bought all four door panels on eBay from Chris for $249. If your not performing a concourse restoration, my opinion these are the best looking Charger custom door panels out there. They have the right amount of padding, not too "poofy" like other custom door panels I've seen. Chris from Online Upholstery And More was very helpful on answering a few questions I had as well. My hat's of to you Chris... :cheers: :2thumbs:

http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmcmahonmopars
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

69chargerboy

A few more.  :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

speedfreak68

Nacho-RT74

Honestly ? I don't like.

sorry to be honest.

specially about map pocket finish!!! and lower rear quarter panel area... Is original that straight cut instead more curved ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69chargerboy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 17, 2008, 05:12:20 PM
Honestly ? I don't like.

sorry to be honest.

specially about map pocket finish!!! and lower rear quarter panel area... Is original that straight cut instead more curved ?

Hey Nacho, That's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. I'm looking at it this way. I have a 69 R/T without numbers matching drive train and my original color combo was B7 medium Blue exterior with blue interior. I don't like the blue on blue. I changed the color to Keepat's 68 Charger, the Mercedes Benz Silver but with black interior that will look similar to Pete's (autodynamics) 69 Charger seats. I had built a stout 440 mated to a Keisler auto trans with a Dana with 4.10 out the back, 4 Disc Wilwood at all corners with a Hydroboost braking setup and 18" Wheels. I'm going for the "Pro Touring" look and performance. So, personally it doesn't matter if it looks completely correct. As long as it looks similar to a "stock" appearance. I'm going to drive the hell out of it.....! :2thumbs: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

jaak

Quote from: 69chargerboy on April 17, 2008, 05:41:51 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 17, 2008, 05:12:20 PM
Honestly ? I don't like.

sorry to be honest.

Hey Nacho, That's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. I'm looking at it this way. I have a 69 R/T without numbers matching drive train and my original color combo was B7 medium Blue exterior with blue interior. I don't like the blue on blue. I changed the color to Keepat's 68 Charger, the Mercedes Benz Silver but with black interior that will look similar to Pete's (autodynamics) 69 Charger seats. I had built a stout 440 mated to a Keisler auto trans with a Dana with 4.10 out the back, 4 Disc Wilwood at all corners with a Hydroboost braking setup and 18" Wheels. I'm going for the "Pro Touring" look and performance. So, personally I doesn't matter if it looks completely correct. As long as it looks similar to a "stock" appearance. I'm going to drive the hell out of it.....! :2thumbs: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

Chris does very nice work!! I bought some seat covers from him, not original, but very nice quality. I'm like you I have a non-numbers matching 69 RT so I am building the they way I want, a sharp street peeler!!
:2thumbs:
Jason

69chargerboy

Nice Jason. Any progress pics? I don't want to hijack my own thread.....:cheers: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

keepat

Door panels look great! :2thumbs: look forward to more pics when they are installed!
Pat

69chargerboy

Quote from: keepat on April 18, 2008, 01:54:38 PM
Door panels look great! :2thumbs: look forward to more pics when they are installed!
Pat

Thanks Pat! I hope my 69 comes out at least half as nice as yours! You, Pete(autodynamics), Mike (Mr.Angry), and Norway are my inspiration for my restoration.....  :cheers: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

Nacho-RT74

well... is not that I don't like at all... is something about the finish on map pocket what I don't like...

about the rest, is simply cool ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69chargerboy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 18, 2008, 03:39:04 PM
well... is not that I don't like at all... is something about the finish on map pocket what I don't like...

about the rest, is simply cool ;D

Thanks Nacho, that's cool  :2thumbs:  I know what you mean about the map pocket. There isn't a "finish" like the originals, but That's ok with me. I'll never use them anyway...  :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

resq302

I have known Chris from Online Upholstery and More for many many years.  His uphostery is just as good as if not better quality than Legendary at a fraction of the price.  He is actually working on some other interior parts that are a nice replacement for areas that usually crack and dry out.  If you are not into a perfect concours type of resto and want some really nice close (but not exact) matching material, Chris is your guy.  His wife also does custom hand painted sign boards. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69chargerboy

Quote from: resq302 on April 20, 2008, 11:03:11 PM
I have known Chris from Online Upholstery and More for many many years.  His uphostery is just as good as if not better quality than Legendary at a fraction of the price.  He is actually working on some other interior parts that are a nice replacement for areas that usually crack and dry out.  If you are not into a perfect concours type of resto and want some really nice close (but not exact) matching material, Chris is your guy.  His wife also does custom hand painted sign boards. :2thumbs:

Chris also told me that he is planning to sell full custom recline able seats for MoPars. I can't wait to see what he comes up with...  :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

hutch

249 is a hell of a deal for show quality custom work like that.  They look great. 
:2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Mefirst

resq302

Chris is also in the close to final stages of reproing the 68-69 B body seat backs.  The fiber board ones that are usually deteriorated beyond belief and the current repro cardboard ones do not come with the metal hardware.  Chris is making black ABS plastic ones that come with the hardware molded into the piece.  The difference compared to the originals is that the new hardware is ABS plastic versus metal.

Chris is also close to production of the upper door pad covers that go over the top of the damaged pieces.  These of course are not for concours vehicles but will be a nice cheaper alternative to the concours pieces being repro'd now.  As soon as he gets pictures, he promsied me he would send me some to post on here.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

onebadmopar

looking at them i think their ok only thing i dont see is the holes for the armrests do you have to cut youre own ? be bad to cut it in the wrong spot thats for sure