News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb Rebuild Question

Started by acelondon, April 15, 2008, 10:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acelondon

Ok guys, i pulled my Cartier 2bbl off my 318, and its NASTY.

So i want to soak it in kerosene, and was wondering if i have to get all the plastic parts off, or can i just give it a few nights in a bucket and not worry? My rebuild kit didn't include these parts, hence why i don't want to ruin them.

Thanks!

acelondon

:bump: Come on guys! i need some help!

Carbs off the charger, so i cant drive it till i get this done!

Ghoste

Kerosene for a few nights isn't going to hurt the plastic parts but if the carb is "nasty" enough, the kerosene may not clean it out enough either.  If it were mine, I'd strip it and see if someone can sell you a coffee can full of carb cleaner.

sailpanel

Quote from: Ghoste on April 16, 2008, 06:36:53 PM
Kerosene for a few nights isn't going to hurt the plastic parts but if the carb is "nasty" enough, the kerosene may not clean it out enough either.  If it were mine, I'd strip it and see if someone can sell you a coffee can full of carb cleaner.

I agree. If its real bad kerosenes not going to phase it much. You might try and find a parts store that sells Berryman products, they sell a smaller can of dip ( about the size of a paint can ) complete with basket inside perfect for the DIY. The stuff works great and your carb will come out looking like new, just be sure that only metal parts go in as this stuff is pretty stout. FYI don't get this stuff on your skin because you'll have to wear the smell off, don't ask me how I know.
2010 Jeep Commander
1993 W150
2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger R/T classic

acelondon

Thanks a lot guys! I'm on it!