News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with 69 B-body 4-spd console lower boot placement

Started by A34, April 13, 2008, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have pics of the lower console boot installed for a 69 B-body? The one I have has a round hole in it and doesn't work with the Hurst shifter, or either, I'm not doing it right.

Could someone please post some pics and info on how the lower boot installs. Maybe I have the wrong one.

Thanks !

:cheers:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

charger_mike75

Are you converting your car to a 4 speed? If you are you would need the little hump that is welded to the side of the tranny tunnel to mount your lower shift boot to. Also there is a difference in the design between auto and 4 speed consoles, the 4 speed console is different on the driver side to fit over the hump that you mount your lower boot on.  If you need a hump to weld to your tranny tunnel PM me I have one laying around I'll sell ya.

A34

Quote from: charger_mike75 on April 13, 2008, 10:29:06 PM
Are you converting your car to a 4 speed? If you are you would need the little hump that is welded to the side of the tranny tunnel to mount your lower shift boot to. Also there is a difference in the design between auto and 4 speed consoles, the 4 speed console is different on the driver side to fit over the hump that you mount your lower boot on.  If you need a hump to weld to your tranny tunnel PM me I have one laying around I'll sell ya.

I have a 4spd car, but the original boot was gone, so I ordered what I thought was a correct nos one. But, it doesn't fit. So, either I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I have the wrong boot.

Thanks !
Deo Vindice

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A34

Deo Vindice