News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What radiator is this?

Started by Judhudson, March 31, 2008, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

I am stumped on this question.

I am currently working on a 73 Charger SE which had it's engine replaced.  I'm working in the engine bay cleaning it up and replacing parts.  I tried replacing the radiator (without measuring it first  :brickwall: ) with a 22" (too narrow to reach the mounts) and a 26" (too wide, goes past the mounts).  So I need to find a radiator in between.  I have no idea what to get?  Do they repop these? 

I just now thought about checking the fender tag to find out what its original engine is, but I have yet to do so.  However, it currently is a 318 car with AC (now removed).

tecmopar

For '72 and up they made 19", 22", 26" and 28", what are the #'s on the top of what you have and what does the car call for. It could have had the radiator support changed at one point.

Judhudson

I'm going to grab all of the numbers off the car tonight to see what is going on...

Judhudson

Found the part number:  3673 027 59538 (or 39338).

What is weird is that I did a search and said this is a 26" radiator.  But I bought a replacement 26" radiator and the holes went past the existing holes on the car....Yet the one I have bolts right up.  It looks like I might just have to re-core it...hopefully that doesn't cost too much :X

moparmusclecars

I just had a 3 row radiator recored here last week it cost be $289.00   Lyle   

Judhudson

Thanks...took it to a radiator shop and it is 26".  I don't know what the parts store gave me then...

Recoring would be the way to go, I suppose.

moparmusclecars

Make sure to have it recored with at least 3 row core. Mine is a 3 row and it will keep my 440Hp engine cool. This way regardless of what you intend to install it will stay cool. Don't do a 2 row just because it might be a bit cheaper. Buying a used radiator may create issues in regards that it may need recoring also. I'd use the one you have. Lyle