News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coca Cola Charger

Started by xp29f8b, February 09, 2009, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xp29f8b

I saw this in Mopar action and thought it was pretty cool. I might be a little bias since I drink Coke and drive a Charger. ;) Check out the fuel cap and the grill emblem. Steve Stanley did a great job on all the little details. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kt/2582359730/

Charger-Bodie

Very coll Charger....There are a few threads on it already though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

xp29f8b

My bad. I did a search for Steve Stanley, I guess i should of searched for Coca cola. Sorry

Hemidog

The owner is a member of this forum  :yesnod:

68charger383

I know he's been trying to strike a deal with Coke for appearances etc.

However, I've been reading about how Coke is really into the environment and being green etc. at their plants and delivery trucks. Don't know if the Coke Charger sends their current image......Hell I like it!  :2thumbs:

Even their sign in Times Square is wind powered http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/coca-colas-landmark-billboard-times-square/story.aspx?guid={DD0B7BA5-C495-4D68-AA53-11374AE6C1B6}&dist=TQP_Mod_pressN
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hemi-hampton

Maybe they oughta just display it at there Museum in Atlanta :scratchchin: :Twocents: :shruggy: LEON.

400/6/PAC

I think it looks cool.
Nice job. :Twocents:

Stanleyart

Quote from: xp29f8b on February 09, 2009, 02:38:16 PM
My bad. I did a search for Steve Stanley, I guess i should of searched for Coca cola. Sorry

Hey yo--don't be sorry! Start a new thread anytime, :D and thanks to all for the encouraging words.

68charger383 brings up an interesting point--he mentions whether or not the car contributes to Coke's "green" campaign. And I must
say that it does, at least that was our intent. Although not as a fuel alternative vehicle, but as the ultimate recycled bottle (or can). http://www.cokecar.com/recycle.html#
The Charger body we started with could very well have been scrapped, and we briefly considered it as it was very rough,
but we used it to our advantage and echoed Coke's belief in recycling.

And just how many cans would equal a 3800 pound Dodge Charger? A few I would think. :icon_smile_wink:

-Steve-

xp29f8b

It's a great looking car. What color of red is the main body? Thats the shade 've been wanting to do mine in. :2thumbs: Also, do you have any more pics you can post up?

jb666

This is a gorgeous car!  :cheers: Steve, you did a great job!

KillerBee1972

that car was at the Nat's in "08 it had coke bottle rims!!!!! it was a very sweet and well done car!!!  In my opinion!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

MoparManJim

Man, that is one heck of a very beatuful charger man! I loke the colors that was used on it. It looks like a candy color to me. What kinda of green did you all use on that beast? O like that green color alot.  :cheers:

Stanleyart

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 10, 2009, 09:41:05 PM
Man, that is one heck of a very beatuful charger man! I loke the colors that was used on it. It looks like a candy color to me. What kinda of green did you all use on that beast? O like that green color alot.  :cheers:

Thanks Jeff, Jim and Killer Bee. (Killer, you do nicer car illustration work than I do! Conceptually your Bee design would be a fabulous paint scheme. Keep us posted on your progress.)

Jim, I was reluctant to use candies, but ended up shooting 2-stage paint from my airbrush. My friend, Trey Bogan www.boganrestorations.com shot the base colors, and it was he who encouraged me to try Sikkens, his favored brand of paint. I did and man that stuff shoots good. To create the look of transparent layers all I did was request Trey to mix 4 various shades of greens, and I worked (sprayed) color on top of color. A few hundred hours later and viola. Fake green glass and insane artist! weoooo! :brickwall: :RantExplode: :nana: :eek2:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Stanleyart on February 10, 2009, 11:36:20 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 10, 2009, 09:41:05 PM

Thanks Jeff, Jim and Killer Bee. (Killer, you do nicer car illustration work than I do! Conceptually your Bee design would be a fabulous paint scheme. Keep us posted on your progress.)

Jim, I was reluctant to use candies, but ended up shooting 2-stage paint from my airbrush. My friend, Trey Bogan www.boganrestorations.com shot the base colors, and it was he who encouraged me to try Sikkens, his favored brand of paint. I did and man that stuff shoots good. To create the look of transparent layers all I did was request Trey to mix 4 various shades of greens, and I worked (sprayed) color on top of color. A few hundred hours later and viola. Fake green glass and insane artist! weoooo! :brickwall: :RantExplode: :nana: :eek2:

Well, give yourself one heck of a big pat on your back bud, because you did one heck of an out standin job on that car  :cheers: :icon_smile_cool: :coolgleamA:   

That is now one of my all time fav charger paint jobs. I like the General Lee but this car just put the General at #2  :o on my list. That doesn't happen all the time.

Brock Samson

Stanleyart

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 11, 2009, 12:11:40 PM

Aoh wow! What a great glimpse into the past of old Coke vehicles. :o And deco-advertising art too! Nice!

Hey, thanks for sharing this!

AKcharger

So an word on Coke buying it?

Stanleyart

Quote from: AKcharger on February 12, 2009, 03:21:17 AM
So an word on Coke buying it?

Hi,

With Corporate America, we are still a work in progress. *In progress* key words here.  :yesnod:

-s-